Concern About Scab Removal 14 Days Post-Transplant

abagg1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post here. I recently underwent a hair transplant procedure where I received 3500 grafts around my hairline and mid-scalp. Today marks the 14th day since the operation.

I've been following all the post-op care instructions to the letter, but something happened today that prompted me to reach out to this community for some advice. Up until now, all the scabs had fallen off naturally except for one that was lingering on the left-hand side of my hairline. When I was gently cleaning the area today, that last scab came off, and to my surprise, a few hairs came with it. There was also a small amount of blood on the scab.

I'm aware that shedding is part of the process, but seeing the blood made me worry about the possibility of graft loss. I'm reaching out to see if anyone here has had a similar experience and can offer some insight into whether this is normal or if I should be concerned.

Any feedback or personal experiences shared would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance!

Attachments

• tempImageep1194.jpg
    tempImageep1194.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 81

toronto

Reaction score
Grafts are secure after day 10 and no chance for you to remove one by scrubbing. I have read you would need a tool to remove. The hair that you seen come out would’ve shedded anyways, so its expected. I wouldn’t worry.