Concealer for Frosted Hair?? - Im Desperate for a Solution

FiniMin

Reaction score
Im really not sure what to do here. I had been spiking my hair and having the tips frosted for a few years and say what you will about sporting high lights, the women LOVE it. I seriously got compliments and attention from hot women all the time. They loved coming up and rubbing their hands through my hair. Nothing like having women approach you now and then instead of having to always approach them. That was all great up until about two years ago when I came to the realization that spiking my hair no longer could be possible unless I didnt mind showing off my revealing scalp that says, "Im going bald and probably don't even realize it yet"

The problem is that, because of the shape of my head, my hair looks really great when spiked and looks really bad when I wear it down. I look like a little kid for some reason. I know this sound petty but believe me its not. I have lost so much confidence over the past couple years because of my hair loss. I seriously went from going out all the time, being the life of the party, getting dates with hot women, successful with my own business, and so on to seriously NEVER going out because of how unhappy I feel about my hair. Im not one to dwell but this sucks. Now I do as much as I can to avoid being seen by friends and girls I used to date to avoid the "Boy he took a turn for the worse or omg he's going BALD!" looks on their faces if they saw me.

All I want is to be able to at least compromise and be able to wear the style that suits me best so I hope that with some help of finasteride (now on my 5 month since starting), which will hopefully help it fill in some, and, for now at least, a good concealer, and together I can at least stop my hair loss and prevent it from getting even worse and conceal my loses with a good product allowing me to style it right which will give me some if not most of my self confidence back and allow me to return to having a life. I tried Toppik and while it does work for when I wear my hair down, it doesnt help when I spike it. You can still clearly see my scalp and actually you can see some of the fibers build up on my scalp if I apply to much. I am thinking about trying Dermatch but have no idea how to go about applying it. I have light brown hair and really blond highlights in my hair. I really want to be able to spike it again. Do you think dermatch would be the best solution??? I am thinking about buying one light brown disk for my scalp and a blonde disk to help with the rest. I just worry that Im going to buy it, get my hopes up, and when I finally get it and apply it, realize its just causing a huge mess, and end up losing more money, self confidence, time, and hope.

Please give me your best advice. I seriously can't tell you how much it would be appreciated. Thank You.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Highlights with concealers? That's a tough one.
You could try the two different colored Dermmatches, or you maybe could try Dermmatch for your main color and then use a spray-on concealer for the highlights. I know I always see those cans of hair paint in stores on halloween that they use to put different colors of highlights in their hair, so why not with a colored concealer spray?!