Completely Failed At A Front Cleanup.what Can I Do?

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do a full reattach every 14 days and every 7 days I get the front off, shampoo and condition and then re attach once dry. This time it only lasted 2 days and it needed to be completely redone. Why I do not know.

I wipe down with an alcohol wipe, before applying walkers sport bond (the dabber has a habit of just getting clogged though?) and then two coats of ghost bond xl. This is usually fine, but today it just refuses to even go sticky. I assume any amount of perspiration is an issue?

This was a bit of a ramble but I hope somebody can see through it to my issue.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've done it now. I had to scrap my last effort and I've just managed it.

What I think I've done wrong..

• I was probably too sweaty. I wasn't really sweaty but perhaps still too much.
  • I saw on a Curtis video where he just uses his finger to spread the adhesive at the front. Really I should stop this and get a decent applicator (any suggestions, UK ideally?)
  • I just sat with a portable large mirror and a fan. Aimed at my head.
  • I haven't been putting the ghost bond over all of my hair line. I have a small patch of bad skin which I've been leaving to breathe. I may need to start applying e45 to that. I will need to keep that gap
  • I tried applying tape to the lace. Walker ultra hold mini tabs. When I tried peeling the blue liner it just took the actual tape with it. Awkward and annoying.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a basic art paint brush for applying both the Max Hold Sport and GhostBond.

As for the mini tabs... you peel the tape off the blue, and then put the mini tab on the lace, then peel the white liner when you are ready to attach the system.

BTW, did you say the detach and remove the front every 7 days?

Last edited:

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the dabber sport bond. It's a bit awkward sometimes.

Every 7 days I will use some lace release on the front, flip it up and then clean the ghost bond off with cotton cool. Then I shower/shampoo and re attach. It's just my convinient way of doing my front cleanup. So the answer is yes.

I'll try that way if applying the tape to the lace next time!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the dabber sport bond. It's a bit awkward sometimes.

Every 7 days I will use some lace release on the front, flip it up and then clean the ghost bond off with cotton cool. Then I shower/shampoo and re attach. It's just my convinient way of doing my front cleanup. So the answer is yes.

I'll try that way if applying the tape to the lace next time!

1. Alcohol works just as well, since that is the primary ingredient of lace release.

2. Why would you shower and get the system wet right before re-attaching? Makes no sense.

3. Pull OFF the dabber, and use a brush.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I do use alcohol sometimes. This is just what I got off my salon originally.

I get the system wet not before re attaching because I let it dry for a while afterwards.