Complementary And Alternative Treatments For Alopecia: A Comprehensive Review

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So which do you reckon is worth s try? Capsicum cream?
Probably zinc pyrithione as a big one, it was the first thing I ever added to my regime and it gave a slight density boost it seemed, never realized there was an actual study on it now. It's just a shampoo ingredient so it's easy to use unlike a topical that you have to apply daily. Hair count results show a modest and sustained improvement in hair growth with daily use of a 1% pyrithione zinc shampoo over a 26-week treatment period.

Caffeine looks very promising and there are a load of studies there on it, I haven't had a chance to look over the actual studies for caffeine yet though.

There are no Androgenetic Alopecia studies for Vitamin D there but personally I'm considering adding Vitamin D supplements to my regime soon as I'm unsure if I'm getting sufficient Vit D from the sun.

These are mainly just less effective natural alternatives for people that want to go that route, like Rosemary can be a substitute for minoxidil and is on par with Min 2% (which is less effective than the standard 5%) and Saw Palmetto as a substitute for finasteride. You'd most likely be best going the mainstream route for some more serious regrowth but these are nice alternatives for people wanting options.