Companies who are on it

fuckbaldness

Reaction score
There are a few companies in clinical trials:

Cosmo pharmaceuticals with cb-03-01
androscience asc-j9
r-tech ueno rk-023
allergan bimatoprost

also histogen, replicel, aderans and follica but i think they will need some time

please respond if you know some more

rxdr1

Reaction score
Would be nice if we could know how effective possibly and how far these measures are in the trial process. I think preventative treatments are just as important as the work Replicel and Histogen are doing so anything that can take over propecias role more safely/effectively is a good thing.

fuckbaldness

Reaction score
i agree we need a good option to preserve existing hair. i have a good feeling with cb-03-01(AR blocker without sides they say) they are currently in fase II. They are looking for a strategic partner. I hope they will find one we will hear that hopefully on 23 march 2012(annual report).

A few guys on this forum are on it but they only talk in a private forum. I hope they tell us if it works.

rxdr1

Reaction score
I read on another forum a user that seemed pretty knowledgeable said an ideal situation would be using asc-j9 because it degrades the AR and a blocker like cb-03-01 to reduce binding then it could be a very good preventative regimen.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah we need treatments like these because any guy who might not even really be losing his hair can just start using these just in case. Right now propecia is too expensive and dangerous in my opinion to just use in case you might lose hair you need to wait until you know for sure. In theory those new treatments should prevent more any hair loss really forever if no androgens can affect the hair still. Hopefully we have enough hair left by the time these come out if they do.

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
Long live these companies! If they do come up with new, effective solutions, I hope they make tons of money. (good marketing will play a big role, too)

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
fuckbaldness said:
There are a few companies in clinical trials:

Cosmo pharmaceuticals with cb-03-01
androscience asc-j9
r-tech ueno rk-023
allergan bimatoprost

also histogen, replicel, aderans and follica but i think they will need some time

please respond if you know some more

Any links to these companies' websites? I'd like to follow their work more closely. Thanks in advance.

fuckbaldness

Reaction score
here are some links

http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com/
http://www.rtechueno.com/en/company/bus ... iness.html
http://www.androscience.com/
http://www.allergan.com/research_and_de ... peline.htm

I believe cb-03-01 will the best topical anti androgen but the company is looking for a strategic partner so the clinical trials don't go very fast (since 2009 they only did a proof of concept trial).

Allergen is in phase 2 for scalp treatment but will be a growth stimulator like minoxidil. Great if it works better than minoxidil but you need also something that blocks the receptor.

regards

abcdefg

Reaction score
CB and ascj 9 sound pretty similar so I will be happy with either one of them as long as they keep the price reasonable and they turn out to work well.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
CB and ascj 9 sound pretty similar so I will be happy with either one of them as long as they keep the price reasonable and they turn out to work well.
If they can manage to get it OTC instead of prescription and have it sitting on the shelf to next to rogaine they can promote it as a way to stop male pattern baldness with no sexual sides. I think not having sexual sides alone would help it sell it a ton especially if its on a store shelf instead of by prescription which if its safe enough might be possible.

why did you just bump this thread?

Androgen blockers are a thing of the past now.... the whole category that exists on this forum is useless. PGD2 blockers is where it's at

abcdefg

Reaction score
According to who? Androgen blockers have 20 years of history and are proven to be able to stop hair loss. What exactly has PGD 2 been proven to do besides give the media something to do on a slow news day? PGD 2 is nothing but theorycraft at this point nothing so far has proven it grows or stops hair loss from any studies I am aware of.
propecia proves androgens are a way you can prevent male pattern baldness we just need better anti androgens. PGD 2 has been proven so far to inhibit hair growth in a test tube not conclusive evidence in my opinion.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
According to who? Androgen blockers have 20 years of history and are proven to be able to stop hair loss.

well of course they work..... reducing DHT levels will actually have an effect on your PGD2 levels.

The problem with DHT blockers is that eventually your body will start making more receptors so that's why propecia loses its efficacy after ~5 years.

abcdefg said:
What exactly has PGD 2 been proven to do besides give the media something to do on a slow news day? PGD 2 is nothing but theorycraft at this point nothing so far has proven it grows or stops hair loss from any studies I am aware of. Maybe in 10 years they figure out what it does or how to use it, but right now its just theory. Androgens are proven.

I see you haven't read the study.... :whistle:

abcdefg

Reaction score
2020 said:
abcdefg said:
According to who? Androgen blockers have 20 years of history and are proven to be able to stop hair loss.

well of course they work..... reducing DHT levels will actually have an effect on your PGD2 levels.

The problem with DHT blockers is that eventually your body will start making more receptors so that's why propecia loses its efficacy after ~5 years.

abcdefg said:
What exactly has PGD 2 been proven to do besides give the media something to do on a slow news day? PGD 2 is nothing but theorycraft at this point nothing so far has proven it grows or stops hair loss from any studies I am aware of. Maybe in 10 years they figure out what it does or how to use it, but right now its just theory. Androgens are proven.

I see you haven't read the study.... :whistle:

I think Bryan has said a doctor who is a convicted felon found that their is a big increase in receptors when you lower DHT when the body compensates but I not sure how much proof there is for that.
So reducing DHT affects the PGD 2 but it also affects a lot of other things what is your point about PGD 2 helping hair? More importantly why would I care I have not seen any proof PGD 2 does anything other then inhibit hair in a test tube none of the news stories showed any studies or proof of any kind. Maybe it exists but I have not seen it and no company developing any drugs targeting PGD 2 have shown results yet so its just theory right now.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
I think Bryan has said a doctor who is a convicted felon found that their is a big increase in receptors when you lower DHT when the body compensates but I not sure how much proof there is for that.

can't find the paper but I'm pretty sure it happens....
if it didn't happen then finasteride would work forever but it doesn't because your body will try to balance things.

abcdefg said:
So reducing DHT affects the PGD 2 but it also affects a lot of other things what is your point about PGD 2 helping hair? More importantly why would I care I have not seen any proof PGD 2 does anything other then inhibit hair in a test tube none of the news stories showed any studies or proof of any kind. Maybe it exists but I have not seen it and no company developing any drugs targeting PGD 2 have shown results yet so its just theory right now.

it's not a theory.... they did experiments on mice and cultured human hair follicles.
In all of those experiments, PGD2 inhibited hair growth. That's your proof

abcdefg

Reaction score
2020 said:
abcdefg said:

can't find the paper but I'm pretty sure it happens....
if it didn't happen then finasteride would work forever but it doesn't because your body will try to balance things.

abcdefg said:

it's not a theory.... they did experiments on mice and cultured human hair follicles.
In all of those experiments, PGD2 inhibited hair growth. That's your proof

experiments on mice and cultured hair follicles are not the same as a person and what peer reviewed study documents these results they had so any other doctor could replicate this? I never saw any pictures, studies or results. Im not saying they do not exist or even that this might work I am just saying I never saw any evidence it does anything yet.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
experiments on mice and cultured hair follicles are not the same as a person and what peer reviewed study documents these results they had so any other doctor could replicate this? I never saw any pictures, studies or results. Im not saying they do not exist or even that this might work I am just saying I never saw any evidence it does anything yet.

yes but there is plenty of evidence that prostaglandins DO affect hair growth since both minoxidil and latisse work at growing hair.

Also what about those other people who claimed that they regrew their hair while on NSAIDS? Such drugs actually lower your PGD2 levels so it makes sense that you would grow hair.

All of this can't be just a coincidence

I'm suspecting THE REASON WHY NOTHING HAPPENED with this PGD2 stuff is because the way of treating hair loss by blocking PGD2 IS PATENTED.
No one else but Cotsarelis himself can make a product that works in such way, therefore for anyone else to actually study this subject would be pointless :jackit:

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
[...]
I'm suspecting THE REASON WHY NOTHING HAPPENED with this PGD2 stuff is because the way of treating hair loss by blocking PGD2 IS PATENTED.
No one else but Cotsarelis himself can make a product that works in such way, therefore for anyone else to actually study this subject would be pointless :jackit:

Interesting, I didn't know this.

I thought that patents were supposed to promote and protect innovations, not stop them...

Again, I really hope this works but it sounds too good to be true.