Companies producing low quality hair systems due to hair being harvested from hairbrushes?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard many guys saying that the quality of hair on hair systems has been much lower since the pandemic hit. I was talking to someone and I heard that the reason hair is such low quality if because comes from the hairbrushes of women in India. Wow, that is quite a revelation to me!

Where does hair on hair systems come from normally (ponytails I would presume)? Why are companies having to go with this low quality hair - I thought only supplies of lace were the problem?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
OMG. I really have a piece that seems to be made of such hair! (It's by Lord, btw). My two absolute worst Pandemic pieces have been by Lord.

My worst pieces, prior to the pandemic, were also by Lord.

I love the company in theory, because they're speedy, quite reasonably priced, have a broad range of options & have good haircut options; but they just haven't sported good quality. I mean, a little alcohol is all it takes to make the color from their hair run...

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not bothered by where or how it starts off as...
So you don't care that Uyghur women in Chinese slave concentration camps are having their heads forcibly shaved to satiate the West's demand for human hair?

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to 47:25 to see where the lower end hair system hair comes from:

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah, but you can also get the more expensive European human hair too.

Is a bit like if your a meat eater and you see how cows etc are slaughtered it could put you off.

I'm not bothered by where or how it starts off as...
I'm only bothered by the final finished product and whether it's good quality or not...

Did you get your order from HairHub yet. I've heard several people saying the hair on their systems is now lower quality.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you don't care that Uyghur women in Chinese slave concentration camps are having their heads forcibly shaved to satiate the West's demand for human hair?
Are you concerned with animals throats being cut or being squashed in a 10 ton press for you to have beef and bacon?

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you concerned with animals throats being cut or being squashed in a 10 ton press for you to have beef and bacon?
Ha, my thoughts exactly. I'll take the idea of human hair being sold for wigs to help someone else over what happens to animals for meat anyday.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ha, my thoughts exactly. I'll take the idea of human hair being sold for wigs to help someone else over what happens to animals for meat anyday.
Not only that, to insinuate that they're untangling strand by strand hairs from a hairbrush is preposterous. I do believe they take it from prisoners and corpses though. It's disgusting... but what can you do. Perhaps pay $2000+ for hair that was sold willingly.

Last edited:

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll take the idea of human hair being sold for wigs to help someone else over what happens to animals for meat anyday.

So you're absolutely cool with modern day concentration camps and genocide "for wigs to help someone else"?

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't even eat meat, you condescending presumptuous t**t.

to insinuate that they're untangling strand by strand hairs from a hairbrush is preposterous.

Go to 47:25 to see hair being harvested from hairbrushes:

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

You will be mistaken to think that this is where the majority of the hair comes from.

I don't support what China is doing with the Uyghur, or in Hong Kong, or with a huge majority of how this totalitarian state operates. The insatiable appetite for cheaper goods made China, and now we are seeing what happens when you feed the dragon, it just gets bigger and bigger.

Pick a country where goods are manufactured and I will find you a slew of human rights abuses. Anyone here use a cellphone?

BTW, if you live in the US, there is a possibility the "made in America" item you purchase or the "American" sounding person on the other end of the phone when you call a company with a "call center", is the result of prison labor. These folks sometimes are not paid or paid pennies per hour, well below the minimum wage.

I am not by any stretch of the imagination condoning this. I am also not getting my knickers in a twist because of reports of abuse in the industry.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
So stop wearing if bothers you so much

Reactions: JMC

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't even eat meat, you condescending presumptuous c***.

Go to 47:25 to see hair being harvested from hairbrushes:

Wow, someone is insecure.... and feeling inferior....Its on the internet, therefore it must be true....Right? It's well known hair brushes contain 12" and longer hair...... that factories use....Quite obviously you struggle with reading comprehension too. I didn't say you ate meat, I asked if you are OK with animals throats being cut, For you to have..... You most certainly have the opportunity afforded you,to buy meat,.....by them slaughtering the animal. Screenshot in the dictionary where "have" means "consume" or "digest"...
The toughest people always call names and talk trash online.... I know I'm certainly scared.....You are an ignorant simpleton...

I'd be happy to send you a dictionary, on my dime, of course. What's your lot number, in the trailer park?

Or perhaps, if you're ever in Manhattan, I'd be happy to provide you with the education personally.... And I mean that wholeheartedly. :)

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you're absolutely cool with modern day concentration camps and genocide "for wigs to help someone else"?
You're under the impression these concentration camps are strictly for hair? It would cost significantly more to minimally feed someone for the amount of time it takes to grow 12" of hair. Hair is the absolute least valuable part of a human being. Approximately half a dozen people profit from a hair system that retails to the end user for approximately $200.
I've made a very factual statement that a great deal of hair is harvested from prisoners and corpses. They're not put in prison solely to take their hair, and the corpses are not people that were killed for the purpose of taking their hair. You aren't very intelligent are you?

* That's a rhetorical question! ...... Translates to: you not needing to answer.

When you receive the dictionary, you can also look up genocide. I would love to hear how it applies and alignes with hair. Your belief that people are being killed so that their hair can be taken is absurd..... That's much more profitable than having someone alive providing a constant supply of hair...right?
Simpleton

Last edited:

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I posted a few years ago a BBC article. The lowest quality is comb and plug hair from multiple donors. I have even hear of animal hair and recycled hair.

The best quality is from a single donor with the cuticles in tact and in the correct direction. Sadly, fewer and fewer of that quality is available in post pandemic China. You need to choose your supplier very carefully especially but not only if you observe religious requirements.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted a few years ago a BBC article. The lowest quality is comb and plug hair from multiple donors. I have even hear of animal hair and recycled hair.

The best quality is from a single donor with the cuticles in tact and in the correct direction. Sadly, fewer and fewer of that quality is available in post pandemic China. You need to choose your supplier very carefully especially but not only if you observe religious requirements.

Which companies are currently making hair systems with high quality hair, and which companies are not?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Would love to explain in open forum but that isn't the smartest thing for legal reasons as many of the players track forums and are pretty aggressive about it.

I can only go on what I hear as personally, I have stuck to one company for the last few years

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would love to explain in open forum but that isn't the smartest thing for legal reasons as many of the players track forums and are pretty aggressive about it.

I can only go on what I hear as personally, I have stuck to one company for the last few years
It's perfectly OK for people who are unrelated to the industry to post their "opinions" about the companies they dealt with, including price, level of service, and quality of the systems they have purchased.

What's NOT OK is for someone to say ... X company uses reclaimed hair without having solid evidence, which would be quite hard to come by.