Communicating your vision for a cut in (via software).

HT Veteran

Reaction score
There ought to be software that allows you to design how you wish your piece to look on an image of your head with a front, side and back view. Kind of like makeover applications, but with hair piece considerations factored in. I have yet to find an appropriate/realistic makeover software that covers all three angles. This would be a valuable tool towards succinctly and visually communicating to your cut in stylist what you want (whether they can pull it off is another matter, I suppose). Capillia.ca proposes that they provide something along these lines where you can "play with styles". Has anyone encountered non salon tools that may be useful towards this general purpose?

HT Veteran

Reaction score
I can interpret silence in many ways. Any ideas would be appreciated before I resort to programming the ultimate solution myself. :) Business partners welcome. :)

HT Veteran

Reaction score
FYI... I have now tried many of the "makeover" applications on the web. They are both ridiculous and useless.

I find it very difficult to believe that modern imaging does not allow for an application that enables quasi accurate basic haircut design on a provided photograph. We are not far off with these "makeover" applications, but the available haircuts for men are generally silly. Getting a new hairpiece is one level of shock to friends and family. Sporting a Justin Bieber hairdo is quite another.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
I've thought about this idea myself too (but i don't have programming experience anywhere close to designing such a program). Perhaps you could contact some sort of anime/cartoon studio where they design characters to look near human on the screen.

What software are you planning on using?

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Draco88 said:
What software are you planning on using?
If I understand well, he plans writing his own software to do a haircut.

I have some programming skills that I would like to enlarge and enrich with an exercise like that, but I have no time left even if I could do some money from this.