Comments on my regimen?

misterium

Reaction score
Hi,

So I'm here in late month 10 of my regimen.. reflecting on the situation at hand.

I'm a diffuse thinner, mostly on crown/vertex but I'm starting to notice thinning up front on the sides of the widows peek (i guess that's temples?)...

I believe 10 months of finasteride has given me good maintenance, and my hair is thickening up. However, I still have random itch spots mostly towards the back of my crown. I don't really have any slick spots, yet.. just diffuse thinning.

I caught my thinning early and hopped onto finasteride asap... I haven't missed any days.

My regimen is as follows:

- Propecia 1mg daily
- Nizoral 1% on Monday & Friday (sits for 3 - 5 minutes)
- Rotation of Emu Shampoo, Loreal Vive Thickening Shampoo + Conditioner, Avalon Organics Tea Tree Mint Shampoo, and T/Gel Stubborn Itch Formula (on occassion).
- Pantene Conditioner
- Emu oil sometimes
- Tricomin or Folligen daily

.. Do you guys think this is good?
I don't want to add minoxidil until down the road.

Any comments?

oni

Reaction score
Get on 2% nizoral and use it 3 times a week. :) I get the same itch spots as you from time to time. I don't know if all these shampoos are helping try to wash your hair once a day with a good reg shampoo and use conditioner as well it works for me.

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
oni, hows the topical ibuprofen working for the inflammation (i assume)

i considered it once

misterium

Reaction score
2% nizoral? Hmm... I still wonder if the regular nizoral is the culprit for my itchiness... not sure if I'm overdoing things and drying out my scalp.. I doubt it though, it's probably just the DHT attacks and the finasteride blocking it.. chemical changes in the scalp tissue and such. :p

The other shampoos I just use on my off days from the medicated shampoos (nizoral & T/Gel). I always condition afterwards

Sometimes I shampoo twice daily.

I may look into trying 2% nizoral.

misterium

Reaction score
comments? advice?

G

misterium said:
comments? advice?

Not really much difference between 1% and 2% in my opinion.

I'd stick with the 1% - you could always use it a little more often.

It's a quality regimen, the only thing you could add is the lasercomb.

It's a dubious bit of kit and is yet somewhat unproven, I use it but money is not too much of an issue with me at the moment and I will pay whatever it takes to maintain/improve my hair.

Up to you dude, but its a pretty kick-*** regimen.

misterium

Reaction score
I enjoy an occassional cup of green tea.

VWdude

Reaction score
I like your Regimen, Can I buy it off you!

misterium

Reaction score
:D

You can't buy a regimen.

Thanks for the advice on the Laser Comb.. I'll probably buy once sooner or later but for now I'm pretty well set I think... approaching year 1 soon for finasteride.

Cassin

Reaction score
I think it is a top notch regimen for someone who simply wants to maintain and thicken. I think your are going to do very well on it for many years. I would not add a single thing.

I think you can drop the Emu oil (I am not a big believer in it) and I think every 6 months or so rotate in a new cosmetic shampoo (cosmetic shampoos need to be rotated once your hair gets used to them)

misterium

Reaction score
Cassin: Thanks man good advice.

I believe since I caught my thinning early and hopped on finasteride right away, and since I've no slick spots.. that I will not only maintain but regrow some... certainly thicken also. .. these are my hopes. :)

The emu oil I simply throw in for added moisturization, I don't expect anything else from it but that.

So basically the 'meat' of my regimen is:

- 1mg Propecia daily
- Nizoral on Mon & Fri.
- Tricomin daily

.. sometimes T/Gel