Comments about my shed needed : LOSS DUE TO STRESS ??

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,

here is the story : I stopped taking propecia in July after 1 year of treatement coz my loss had increase and nothing seemed to get better. I was loosing about 40 hairs in the showers, hair I lost in the front never came back...

I jumped on the minoxidil bandwagon, so i s been 7 months now and I can t tell if it works..... because..... for 2 months, I ve been loosing between 200 and 300 hairs a day, if I can really evaluate. Fuckin freaking every shower....

My brother died on September the 1st. Huge shock... saw him dying in front of my eyes... RIP

about 2 weeks-1 month later came the huge shed. So I don t know if it can be related to minoxidil at the 5 months mark, or because of the stress I ve dealing with since my brother's death

I ve conducted the pull test recommended by doctor Lee, and it s negative, I don t have a telogen effluvium, but I loose fair amount of hair in unusual places (neck, back of the head)

any comments would be much much much appreciated

peace
Romain

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't say anything about minoxidil. But I will say this: your loss of your brother hurts me. I'm so sorry for you and your family. I can't imagine what pain it would be. RIP.
:(

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm with Buffboy here man: Really sorry to hear about your brother dude. Cannot imagine what you must be going through - stay strong!

As with the shedding: I'm shedding heaps of hair every single day. Allot from the back and sides as well. Have been on finasteride for 9 1/2 months now and it's driving me insane. How much were you you shedding before you stopped finasteride?

I think it could quite possibly be shock loss you're experiencing however there's no way to tell I guess. maybe somebody else will add to this post.

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your brother. I hope you and your family pull through the tough times.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Thanks for your support... I m in Japan currently, for 1 year, so I think it helps me to relieve my pain, coz I m very active here...

about my hairloss : when on finasteride, I was loosing 30-40 hairs in the shower. hair that felt never grew back. It was driving my crazy after one year cause my hairline looked sh*t, so I quit...

Weirdly, I d like to think that my current loss is due to stress... otherwise I ll be bald in 3 years, I m loosing shitloads of hairs...

peace

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
damn... feel better man.. rip

do you use a lot of styling products? and is your hair kinda wavy?

Reaction score
no I don t use any styling product and yes my hair are wavy...why ?