Coming to terms with being a hairloss no-hoper

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it's realization time folks....

I think in terms of the hairloss battle, I dont really have a shot in hell.

17 Mnths in on finasteride. and nizoral. and what I thought was a "shed" has so far lasted 3 Mnths, the amount of hair coming out is staggering.

And as for that perpetually delayed holy grail of luxurious lock restoration Hair Multiplication...at 54 my dads horseshoe area is thin, DAMN THIN!

So I guess it's to the shave...if I ever meet the omnipotent being that sculpted my skull I'm going to kick him/her/it square in the nuts(depending).

So! farewell to the ladies, farewell to self confidence and farewell to a fullfilled life.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Rogaine.

It's definitely worth it.

And stop pretending like you're losing your self-confidence and self-image. You're not.

Jack23

Reaction score
Hey man,

I don't know your personal situation and I don't know what is going on with you. What I can say is being bald isn't the end of your life. If your treatments aren't working, try something else. If you are sick of treatments, shave it off, get a tan and get out there. Forget your hair and live your life.

Don't worry about the women. Alot of girls don't mind a shaved head. A buddy of mine is slick bald and has a very attractive wife. I am starting to thin quite a bit and my girl is way, way hotter than I deserve based on physicality. I really love her and she knows it. I would still care for her if she got fat, or if she got ugly. She loves me and I am balding. There is a girl out there like that for you too. Going bald isn't the end of the world. Any girl who is worth your time isn't going to give a piss if you are a NW7 or a NW2. Confidence is the key to a woman, not hair.

I know it is hard to have confidence when you think you are ugly or deformed in some way, but seriously don't worry. You aren't the elephant man. You are balding. Just like a huge percentage of other guys. There is nothing wrong with you. This will make you stronger. It makes us all stronger.

Take care, bud.

Jack

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 - Unfortunatley Rogaine makes me feel like I'm going to pass out.

Jack23 - Thankyou sir! That was an excellent post. I try to not let this thing get the best of me, but, sometimes it does, and when it does it helps to vent. I wish I didn't care as much as I do, it's the lack of hope or the unavoidable outcome which is the worst part. Anyway enough whinging. Thanks for the kind words.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, most women I know don't give two shits if a guy is bald. I was talking with a manager at work and she told how she likes bald guys. I was thinking about getting back to Rogaine and a natural DHT blocker.

Girls who pick guys for looks are shallow, avoid them.

Shielded

Reaction score
Dude you're only 24, sorry to hear that.

But I'm telling you, if you pull off the bald look well, it is pimp as sh!t and the ladiez will dig it....just try to make it look strong...like you have no hair because you're "stronger" than that...get what I'm saying? People will think you're mad edgy instead of really going bald....and remember that it's all about your attitude. If you walk around with a lot of self-reflecting negativity (as described in your first post), people will feel your vibes and will act the way you're "projecting."

Man up, stay strong. The universe will balance itself out...always has, always will.

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
Or if there is a God he has a wicked sense of humour, a prankster God.

It's ok, I swing between depression over hairloss and not caring one whit.

I am still amazed by the world sometimes, by people, by music, by writing....

It's really the fear of being uncomfortable with myself and being lonely because of hairloss.

But we just have to find things to occupy our minds

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Come on. IF a woman had a choice, all things being equal, one guy bald, another will a full head, she's going to want the full head of hair because it looks better and it shows better genes. Women are not as likely to pick based upon looks if there's another reason like Money. Do you honestly thing Donald Trump would be getting supermodels if he weren't rich? They wouldn't give him the time of day. Women are just as superficial as we are.

DaSand said:
Yeah, most women I know don't give two shits if a guy is bald. I was talking with a manager at work and she told how she likes bald guys. I was thinking about getting back to Rogaine and a natural DHT blocker.

Girls who pick guys for looks are shallow, avoid them.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah everything being equal thats probably true but in real life it isnt

a bald guy with enough game will wipe the floor with any hansom guy who isnt as slick

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
I think you mentioned somewhere else that you were a barista (correct me if I got you mixed up with someone else). IF so, then you're in luck. Most of the coffee shop kinda girls I know dig guys with a bit of thinning/recession.

Either way, realize that it's not the end of the world. Yeah, it's rough, but there are way to deal with it, be it Rogaine, Toppik, or Shick. You just have to remember that your hair isn't what makes you a good person and you won't be a bad guy once it's gone. A lot of celebrities have a touch of recession and thinning and are still loved by the women. I mean look at Jude Law, Matthew Mcconaughey, Chris Daughtry, James Woods, or Vin Diesel. Mcconaughey was in my area last week for a film he's shooting with Matthew Fox (who has much more hair), and almost all the women I know were more excited for Mcconaughey than for Fox. Hair isn't all that other people care about.

I've got a lovely fiancee that I met during some of the harshest points in my hairloss that I've ever had. She doesn't really mind my hairloss, and it's not because she only cares about my personality or anything like that. On the contrary, she looked past it (remember, it's only one part of your appearance) and decided that I'm not only a nice, smart guy that loves her dearly, but (in her opinion) pretty damned hot.

Just make sure that you're taking care of other aspects of your appearance, be it clothing, skin, teeth, etc and keep your chin up. This world's got a lot of people out there, and I guarantee there's one for you.