combutas?

a.watt89

Reaction score
So I just received a package of dutasteride that I ordered from India, and it is produced under the label Combutas. I usually use Dr. Reddys and I've never heard of this brand before.

Anyone heard of combutas or tried it before?

jackie11111

Reaction score
I ordered dutasteride online from a site where I got two Cipla-made drugs from before, assuming I'd get Cipla Duprost, but I received Combutas instead. The foil blister packs say they are .5 mg dutasteride, there's a lot number and expiration date, and a generic warning about who shouldn't handle the drug - but no manufacturer is listed.

A google search turns up pretty much just this thread and one other asking the same question. Looks like you posted this a long time ago - Did you ever determine if your Combutas you received was legit dutasteride?

jackie11111

Reaction score
Well, I guess I'm in here talking to myself.

This is what I received in the mail a few days ago. I thought I was going to get one of the known dutasteride generics, but I got 'COMBUTAS' instead. The packaging says it is .5 mg dutasteride, with no manufacturer listed.

IMG_2792.jpg

If anyone else here has seen or used combutas before, please let me know if it's authentic dutasteride or not.

At least it's not poison, because I took two already, and I'm not dead.

Kifflom

Reaction score
It's obvious a ripoff of Ciplas Duprost, it has the same color scheme and the same soft capsule. I don't know if that is a good or a bad sign, probably bad. :)

Hairwatcher

Reaction score
I've been looking into buying some of Cipla's drugs but have been worrying that they may not be legit? Are Cipla known for being a reliable brand?

But honestly, and slightly OT, this whole concern over whether the generics on the market are genuine or not is really disconcerting. It's been a few years since I was following these forums and using generic finasteride but back then these concerns mustn't have yet arisen. Now I'm really put off the idea of relying on any generics. But at the same time I don't want to hand over a small fortune in the coming years for the 'genuine' stuff.

What's the way out of this dilemma? :(

Sorry for going OT

Teflon Don

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not the same compound, combutas seems more likely to stay glued to the receptor for longer than Duprost. Imo, i was reading some of the new patents. WO2013001322
The penultimate compound is an iodo-alkane, and the last step is dehydrohalogenation. Supposing the last step did not occur with 100% conversion or there was some left-over precursor from the last step; this could irreversibly form a covalent bond to the receptor site?