combing your hair?????

try2beme22

Established Member
Reaction score
does combing ur hair for a few minutes everyday stimulate hair growtH????? my barber from italy told me this today and i've never heard such a thing.... i guess its because it increases blood flow to scalp..........

i feel like by combing my hair i lose so much more hair so much quicker!

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Like others have said being gentle with your scalp doesn't help at all.
It does stimulate blood flow of course. Have you ever looked into things like scalp exercises?

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
well, someone even recommend me to do hand stand for 1mins x 3sets, twice daily. if i not wrong, he have a bachelor degree in Nutrition Science. maybe he into something that i do not know of.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Private Ryan said:
well, someone even recommend me to do hand stand for 1mins x 3sets, twice daily. if i not wrong, he have a bachelor degree in Nutrition Science. maybe he into something that i do not know of.

probabaly to get blood to rush to your head.
circulation improves hair i heard.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
probabaly to get blood to rush to your head.
circulation improves hair i heard.

well, at first i tot it one of those bad blood circulation theory and don't really buy it. then i figure out that having strong shoulders is not really a bad thing after all. might give it a try.

anyway, i have a few friends who is gymnast and i hardly see then lose hair. should be coincidence.

kaolin

Reaction score
Poor Circulation

well obviously poor circulation is behind most diseases. 40% of people in the west die of heart disease which is the final outcome of poor circulation and blocked arteries. It is not surprising that if you have any problem at all, if you can increase your circulation 10, 20, 30 percent - its likely to help.

CCS

Reaction score
gymnasts do a lot of cardio, which I heard reduces testosterone levels. i don't know why cardio would do that. But i read that people were doing hand stands back in the 80's for hair growth and it did not work, though I don't know if any studies were done. at least no 1000 person studies. Perhaps 6 minutes out of the day is not enough. strong shoulders and balance are good though. when people discovered that minoxidil causes hair growth, they tried other drugs that dialate blood vessels and give blood flow to the scalp. Those did not work, which is why they concluded that minoxidil must work in other ways, and they've come up with many since then. I doubt brushing your hair stimulates as much blood flow as minoxidil does. It never stopped me from loosing my hair, and I can vouched that I combed it a lot in junior high and high school and years afterwards while trying futily to do cover ups. 15% of normal hairs, and maybe 25% of balding men's hairs are in telogen, which is the state in the hair cycle where the bulb has shrunken and the hair is waiting to fall out and anoter will replace it. Those percentages don't sound right since telogen lasts 3 months and the hair cycle is 2-6 years, but typically 3. Anyway, as long as the telegen hairs are sitting there, they give a good cover up. When you brush them, or apply minoxidil sometimes, they come out easily, since the bulb is small. Some people think this is loosing hair, but no extra hairs are dying. I'd leave them in, not brush them out.