Combine scalp protector and antiperspirant?

jdw89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

Unfortunately, I have been trying in vain to find the right adhesive for me. Ghostbond Classic lasted a week. Ghostbond XL lasted two weeks. At the moment I've been using No Tape for just over a week, but the adhesive is already liquefying at the edges.

I have an oily scalp and exercise three times a week. As I live in Germany, the weather is very hairpiece friendly.

Has anyone here tried combining the No Sweat antiperspirant with a Scalp Protector? So first layer of No Sweat, then Scalp Protector and then the adhesive. It makes sense in my head - the only question is whether the No Sweat affects the adhesion of the Scalp Protector.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 weeks is good, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I use Ghostbond Platinum and I get a week's hold with 1 or 2 layers. And that's enough for me because I want to refresh the bond every week, else it feels unhealthy and dirty.

I have used some kind of anti-sweat too in the past, but it didn't help to extend the hold.

jdw89

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't rebond myself. I go to a hair salon for it, which is quite expensive. That's why I try to achieve a long wearing time. What's more, don't the glue manufacturers specify much longer wearing times? Or are they unrealistic?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unrealistic and very un-sanitary, if you ask any of the experienced wearers here. I have never kept a system on for more than 2 and a half weeks, and that was a desperate time. 10 days is my max now and it feels so nice to get the system off and have it re-bonded fresh again.

I wear a UTS system, which is very easy to maintain yourself. I understand lace can be very difficult and messy. If you're wearing UTS/poly then I would 100% recommend learning to de/re (detach/re-attach) yourself. Trust me, it's so easy after the first couple of times - you can search my previous threads here for a detailed description of how I do it.

Once you learn to do it yourself it will save you so much money and time and stress.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unrealistic and very un-sanitary, if you ask any of the experienced wearers here. I have never kept a system on for more than 2 and a half weeks, and that was a desperate time. 10 days is my max now and it feels so nice to get the system off and have it re-bonded fresh again.

I wear for up to 4 weeks between reattachments without any sanitary problems. It depends on the climate you live in and your body chemistry though, I suppose. I wear a UTS system with lace hairline. I use Supertape for the UTS part and Ghostbond Platinum for the hairline. I get up to 1 to 2 weeks hold on the hairline before I redo that.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

Unfortunately, I have been trying in vain to find the right adhesive for me. Ghostbond Classic lasted a week. Ghostbond XL lasted two weeks. At the moment I've been using No Tape for just over a week, but the adhesive is already liquefying at the edges.

I have an oily scalp and exercise three times a week. As I live in Germany, the weather is very hairpiece friendly.

Has anyone here tried combining the No Sweat antiperspirant with a Scalp Protector? So first layer of No Sweat, then Scalp Protector and then the adhesive. It makes sense in my head - the only question is whether the No Sweat affects the adhesion of the Scalp Protector.

I'd try a better hold bond if you want to go longer between reattachments. Try tape (Walker Ultrahold or Supertape) or a stronger hold glue e.g. Ghostbond Platinum or Walker Ultrahold. It comes down to some trial & error to find out what works best for you.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still jealous. The absolute best I get is one week, then it's sliding around like an ice skating rink. This is with pro hair Labs no sweat, max hold sport scalp protector, and ultra hold adhesive:(