Combat Sports / Martial Arts With A System

Allantint

Reaction score
Im wondering if anybody has any experience on wearing a hair system while practicing combat sports or martial arts? Would the system be able to hold up in the sweat and still be firmly attached ?
Would kick-boxing be okay or a no-go if wearing a system?

Any thoughts?

Noah

Reaction score
My experience is that heavy sweating by itself is not too much of a problem - the adhesive is a bit weaker when you get hot and sweaty, but certainly not so much that there is any danger of the piece slipping or coming off, and it returns to full strength when you cool down. BUT I think it would be risky to get hot and sweaty and then take part in a sport which involves actual head contact - either contact from an opponent or contact with the mat. The piece is not going to come off, but if you were unlucky the hairline could be ripped loose or pushed back. I would only do those activities if I was able to wear head protection to keep everything safe. I know a guy who is a Brazilian Ju-jitsu instructor who wears a hairpiece, and that is what he does - he wears an ear protection cap which has Velcro straps across the top of the head.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im wondering if anybody has any experience on wearing a hair system while practicing combat sports or martial arts? Would the system be able to hold up in the sweat and still be firmly attached ?
Would kick-boxing be okay or a no-go if wearing a system?

Any thoughts?

Just to add, probably NOT the best time to be participating in contact sports.

Allantint

Reaction score
Just to add, probably NOT the best time to be participating in contact sports.

In a month, max 2 if we are unlucky the lockdown is going to be lifted. I believe we should look towards those times and not obsess over what we can not do in the present moment

Allantint

Reaction score
My experience is that heavy sweating by itself is not too much of a problem - the adhesive is a bit weaker when you get hot and sweaty, but certainly not so much that there is any danger of the piece slipping or coming off, and it returns to full strength when you cool down. BUT I think it would be risky to get hot and sweaty and then take part in a sport which involves actual head contact - either contact from an opponent or contact with the mat. The piece is not going to come off, but if you were unlucky the hairline could be ripped loose or pushed back. I would only do those activities if I was able to wear head protection to keep everything safe. I know a guy who is a Brazilian Ju-jitsu instructor who wears a hairpiece, and that is what he does - he wears an ear protection cap which has Velcro straps across the top of the head.

So something like kick boxing where there is minimal head contact should not be too much of a problem do you think?

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I needed to read. I have a lace system. My current shed is pushing me to using it. I was scared to give up MMA but if all I need is head gear - then thank god. I’m doing it. Now all I got to do is explain to my boyfriend