Combat sports and your experience? Hair System

fallendawn

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I am at the point now at 21, I will pretty much have to shave my head fully. Hair systems in the last couple years seem to be a very viable option, however the one thing holding me back is my interest in combat sports. I assume jiu jitsu would be totally off the table but what about kick boxing/boxing? I just find typical exercise so boring for example running and weight lifting. So interested in your guys experiences, thanks.

TLDR: What is your experience with wearing a hair system doing combat sports.

fallendawn

My Regimen
Reaction score
My client who was doing MMA, wound up shaving his head... it was too much, however, he had long, curly hair. If you go with really short hair... with buzzed back and sides... it's doable.
Thanks for the response, did he ever explain the issues he was having? And it terms of it being doable, what is required in terms of system type/ maintenance?

fallendawn

My Regimen
Reaction score
There were a couple of contributing factors.

1. His lack of maintenance led to the systems failing very quickly.
2. The fact that there was head contact, put more stress on the system, which was already stressed, during one match it came off.

I need to add, a system comes off because it's ready to come off... which means that it is barely on your head... none of my current clients or myself experience this.

The takeaway is, yes you can... you need to be quite diligent in your care and maintenance, choose a short hairstyle, and a breathable base (lace/mono).
Legend, thanks for the help!