Colour conditioner for hair systems

Patrick1946

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good colour conditioner for my hair system
The only thing I loved advanced hair studio was there.colour conditioner range please please

Patrick1946

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that on any colours I wear ashy blond system and my mate is med brown
Will have a look
Thank you

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Backtonatural colour conditioner is one I heard was good for hair systems.

However I have some, but not used it yet, so can't say how well or long it lasts.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I make my own color conditioner to ensure the best possible color match.

It's easy and cheap to make. Just combine demi color with your preferred conditioner in a 1:5 color:conditioner ratio.

Use a 10 vol developer to mix the color *and allow it to develop overnight* before combining with the conditioner. If you don't have 10 vol developer, you can combine equal parts 20 vol developer and water to make 10 vol developer.

I've found B2N too green-toned, as it's meant to cancel out red tones. Their color selection is also very limited, and i don't care for its conditioning properties. If unwanted red tones are a problem you can request "no red tones" on custom orders.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back 2 Natural, very easy to use, and works great.
I just ordered some B2N!

Can I use Back2natural conditioner in the shower while system is on my head, or is it when system is detached during cleaning that u use it?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just ordered some B2N!

Can I use Back2natural conditioner in the shower while system is on my head, or is it when system is detached during cleaning that u use it?
The hair doesn't know whether it's on the counter top or your head..... :)

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol right! :)

I hear u, I just meant since it's a color depositer, can it stain the Lace or base? or can u just use it like youd normally use conditioner in shower? but sounds like the answer is yes.
Thanks man!

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, anything designed to color will do its job and color what you put it on.

As long as you only apply it to the hair and don't rub it into the base, you should be fine.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, anything designed to color will do its job and color what you put it on.

As long as you only apply it to the hair and don't rub it into the base, you should be fine.
Awesome man, I'll go very light with it and just comb it in hair and rinse.
Thanks bro!

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

FFS!!

You could apply it blindfolded with your feet too, and the hair wouldn't know the difference. That doesn't mean it's a good idea.

No, do not apply it in the shower, def take it off yr head, apply it more as you would a dye than a conditioner.

Keep a spray bottle with water handy incase you accidentally get some on the lace.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
FFS!!

You could apply it blindfolded with your feet too, and the hair wouldn't know the difference. That doesn't mean it's a good idea.

No, do not apply it in the shower, def take it off yr head, apply it more as you would a dye than a conditioner.

Keep a spray bottle with water handy incase you accidentally get some on the lace.
I agree out of the shower application is better..... but disagree about doing it unattached......

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I make my own color conditioner to ensure the best possible color match.

It's easy and cheap to make. Just combine demi color with your preferred conditioner in a 1:5 color:conditioner ratio.

Use a 10 vol developer to mix the color *and allow it to develop overnight* before combining with the conditioner. If you don't have 10 vol developer, you can combine equal parts 20 vol developer and water to make 10 vol developer.

I've found B2N too green-toned, as it's meant to cancel out red tones. Their color selection is also very limited, and i don't care for its conditioning properties. If unwanted red tones are a problem you can request "no red tones" on custom orders.
I'm interested in trying this, as correct color has always been an issue for me...and I'm rather tired of spending $30 per 8 oz bottle of back2natural. It also tends to be extremely ashy which can appear green in certain lightning.

So to clarify, purchase the appropriate dye, and volume 10 developer. Mix together and allow to set overnight. The following day combine at 1:5 with conditioner, and this will produce a color depositing conditioner?

What's the purpose of the developer? My understanding is that the developers only function, for 10 to 20 minutes, is to open the cuticle to deposit the color. If you're allowing it to overdevelop , that's defeating the purpose of using a developer in the 1st place, isn't it? Also the majority of hair we use does not have a cuticle,to open anyway.

Last edited:

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So to clarify, purchase the appropriate dye, and volume 10 developer. Mix together and allow to set overnight. The following day combine at 1:5 with conditioner, and this will produce a color depositing conditioner?

Yes. Use demi color or, if you want to use permanent color, it will basically work as a demi color in this case.

What's the purpose of the developer? My understanding is that the developers only function, for 10 to 20 minutes, is to open the cuticle to deposit the color. If you're allowing it to overdevelop , that's defeating the purpose of using a developer in the 1st place, isn't it?

No. In this case the developer is used to oxidize the color, otherwise it won't stain the hair. It will continue to oxidize overnight, resulting in a darker color. This is important because the color is going to be diluted when combined with conditioner, and the conditioner will make the hair more resistant to staining (you could substitute shampoo for conditioner if you want the hair to take on even more color).

Using more developer, or a higher vol developer, could speed up the oxidation process but obviously we want less peroxide in our conditioner

Fanjeera

Reaction score
If unwanted red tones are a problem you can request "no red tones" on custom orders.
DIdn't know that was an option :O. What do you get then? What will it fade to? I once had a system that didn't turn red, but turned blonder just like natural brown hair.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Lol right! :)

I hear u, I just meant since it's a color depositer, can it stain the Lace or base? or can u just use it like youd normally use conditioner in shower? but sounds like the answer is yes.
Thanks man!
It can stain the base, but you just have to be careful. I bring a mirror there and put the conditioner on a comb. I've done it without mirror and only with hands too and got no stains. But it can happen like this more easily, so don't

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Back2natural is very good, but a random one from my local shop isn't bad either and it's many times cheaper. I wouldn't be so dependent only on Back2natural. Definitely try out cheaper alternatives. Might not be much worse.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DIdn't know that was an option :O. What do you get then? What will it fade to? I once had a system that didn't turn red, but turned blonder just like natural brown hair.

Well, my color is cosest to 1B on the new image ring, which is very dark, "off-black". The very first piece I ordered years ago was extremely warm-toned and had bizarre red overtones that would glow like a christmas light under certain lighting. So I requested "no red tones" on subsequent custom orders for some time.

They came back much more ashy, and faded to an dark ash brown (no green overtones or anything). I once lifted one to about a level 7 using Rit Color Remover, and it came out dark ash blonde ("mousey brown").

I've colored nearly all of my wigs from blonde for some time now, and I do a copper filler layer (like a 6/34 or similar) before adding the dark level 3 color to avheive the "off black with brassy undertones" and render all loops and knots effectively invisible :)