coloring your hair

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
i've noticed people dye their hair a lighter color to hide their thinning.. it seems to hide it for a lot of people.. but is dying your hair bad for it.. does it accelerate hairloss? does anyone here do this?..it's kind of ffrustrating.. i have a head full of hair except for the front middle receding... it makes it hard to style lately.. thank god for couvre

Petchsky

Reaction score
Dying it darker makes it worse, bleaching makes it look better. The closer your hair color is to the color of your scalp, the less contrast so it hides it well. It wont make your hair fall out unless you overdo it.

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
did you not read my post? i said lighter hair..bleaching is bad for your hair...don't know why you'd even mention it..you'll lose your hair in no time doing that

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've always known bleaching hair as making it lighter (blonde) and dying hair to make it darker (dark). I dyed my hair darker a month back and it made my hair thicker looking. Probablly because I was able to dye alot of the colorless vellus hair. Dyeing or bleaching hair will not 'make it fall out in no time'. That's horseshit

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
it could make your hair break off very easily, giving the illusion that youre shedding more when its just falling out from being dried out from the bleach or color...it is isnt good if your already thinning severel to have severe breakage like that, nevertheless i still do it cuz my hair does look better afterwards...and even with all the breakage(bleachign it every 3 weeks) my bald spot still looks better than it did before i started my treatment 9 months ago

Britannia

Reaction score
Having your hair highlighted (thats dyed a lighter colour) will not make your hair fall out provided its done properly.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If your thinking about dying your hair then dont do it yourself. You dont know how dying the works and you dont know which brand will not damage your hair. If I was you and you want to dye your hair then go to a good salon that knows what they are doing. So that you know that it's going to be done well and it will not damage your hair.