coloring hair

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
i know this may have been discussed somewhere, but i couldnt find it so i'll ask again.. i used to have redish blonde hair for as long as i remember.. However, in the past few years, it has gotten darker and darker... and obviously, darker hair sucks for anyone with male pattern baldness such as myself.. So i am curious, can i sately color my hair a lighter color?

I used to use Sun-IN.. I know peroxide kills the hair, however, what if i were to just rub the tips of the hairs instead of spraying that sh*t all over my scalp.. an suggestions would be appriciated....

Baldie

Established Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, DON'T use Sun-In. It's terrible stuff, makes your hair go even redder and it kills your scalp. I used it, learnt from it and would NEVER use it again. Terrible stuff!

VWdude

Reaction score
Clairol herbal essences highlighting kit. you basically squeeze some of the highlighting mix into a little comb like wand and run it down your hair, hardly touches the scalp..its good stuff.

williteverend

Reaction score
alright, heres the scoop. never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever use any sort of dye or color from any sort of grocery store or similar establishment. Buy quality dye from salons, reason being, grocery dyes are metallic based and are extremely bad for your hair and the color f*****g sucks too. as far as lightening goes, i used paul mitchel bleach and it works great.

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the recommendations... where can i purchase these products? What are thier exact names?

williteverend

Reaction score
dont feel TOO gay walking into a beauty supply store and buying the stuff. look it up in the yellow pages or whatever you think will help you find the place. they can answer any questions you might have when you arrive.

jfrank

Established Member
Reaction score
well, i was just going to buy it online out of convience sake.. i just have to the know the exact names of hte productts..