College starts and I feel kinda LOW!

K

karankaran

So I am a graduate student and this is my second year. The college has started and I see young guys with full heads of hair everywhere. Very rarely do I see anyone balding. I am 27 and i started balding at 23 but it still makes me feel kinda inferior to others. I feel sad and less confident. I do not feel like taking walks around campus or hanging out. I feel old and a misfit. I know a lot of you started balding at a younger age and will have different attitudes towards balding but i am just saying how i feel.

Yes, it might be possible that 10 years from now, there could be a way to get my hair back. But i would be in my late 30s. The years , where I should have been more confident and more happy, would have been long gone. 20s come just once. This is a time when hair loss should not register , and yet my male pattern baldness makes me feel like a lesser human being. Yes, the feeling is that strong. I could hide it temporarily through transplants but i do not have money as i am a student who would have a huge debt. I know that there are no miracles - no cure will be here soon enough. I have to live through this but with the college back in session, I feel low. It will take some time to get adjusted to this harsh reality again.

base10

Reaction score
I know how you feel man, I'm a college student as well. Seeing NW1's everywhere doesn't make me feel much better either.

Stay on your regimen, and stay positive. There will be a cure!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Karankaran, You display a remarkable resilience in spite of this too commonly perceived, insurmountable obstacle. Congratulations for your determination to press on. School life has it's own set of stressors to tackle and overcome, so you deserve a lot of credit. Life's daily struggle is presented in two parts: That which we can control and that which we cannot. I believe that most people's challenge lies in their blind failure to understand the stark difference. You are a minority because not only do you understand your disadvantage, because you happened to sadly experience it first hand, moreover you seemed to already understand the necessary discretion it takes to utilize the remaining strength and courage you possess, for wisely handling this "infection" (M.P.B.) so it can not contaminate your better angels and seize them in the zenith of their flight and smash them to pieces upon the path few can bravely hazard. Like your wonderful work ethic as well as your other supportive areas of interest that clearly define you and your sojourn as that of an extraordinary young man's. Rave on my friend! There will always be another opportunity to get tripped up or snagged on the tresses of our forsaken hair.