cole or shapiro for FUE?

dedor

Reaction score
If you would have to choose between the 2 for FUE work especially in the hairline zone who would you pick?

advantage of cole: has much more experience, has a conservative approach (which i like) and can use less grafts for better results.

advantages of shapiro : great reputation and great doctors. do it in 2-3 days (cole does it in one)

I really need to decide between the 2.
any advice would be greatly appreciated

thank you

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
Shapiro has a great reputation for a reason, he's been doing great work for a long time. His office is first rate.

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
I think he needs 3 days because of less experience, shapiro's are good Doctor's but do more strip than fue.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you saying Shapiro is too aggresive ? I never heard that.

Check into how Dr Feller would do the procedure (timewise) as I know only so many FUE should be done per day, Armani would do it one day also and we all know thta story.

How many grafts are you getting ?

While Shapiro is newer to FUE he did hire a top notch FUE tech who I believe worked for Cole for years, ask Matt for the exact info on that.

Shapiro's hairlines are the best in a lot of peoples opinions

dedor

Reaction score
thank you all for your advices. you raised good point

Cole's office advised me 600-1000 grafts while smg advised 1000-1500

I understand that cole is highly experienced and have great results. he also offers to do the same work in much less grafts.
but I don't like the fact that he works on 2 patients in one day
also I didn't feel the cole's office gave me much attention and care in my email consultion with them. I guess they have so many patients they just dont have time to discuss a detailed plan. they send an email with the number of grafts the Doctor says you need.

on the other hand I did talk with smg and to matt. they really give you the feeling you're in good hands. they are sincere in all aspects of the work. you realy feel they give you best attention. there's a reason why they do it in 3 days. i don't necessary see it has a bad thing. it gives them more time to do it better and to improve.
they might not be so experienced in fues as cole but I dont think they will do worse.

what i don't understand is the big difference i got between the 2 clinics in graft counts. it might be connected to the conservative/aggressive approaches. (i can always discuss the plan with smg and decide on something less aggressive together)
cole's office doesn't allow to lower the number of grafts after you decide- it is ridiculous . they also make you pay for all the work 21 days before.
after all said and done he still have more than 2000 fues work done.

I'm leaning towards smg.