Cold Therapy

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can increase brown fat by reducing your insulin resistance and insulin levels. I saw a talk on this recently, brown fat is inversely correlated to insulin.
How do you properly measure insulin levels to consider if they need to be decreased? they fluctuate a lot afaik. How would they be decreased?

Also I hate cold showers. I could try applying cold directly on the scalp, but how safe is this? brain freezing is no joke. I predict I'll not be able to do it and I will get a headache my eyes will feel bad too, I know because I tried with cold water.

Also OP said he puts his head in an awkward position in a bucket. Isn't it better to use a bag with an icepack? is the reversed position beneficial while applying cold or not?

In any case I don't see how OP isn't even on minoxidil.

Also: I guess you are aware you are going to need before-after picture evidence with any claims of improvement.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you properly measure insulin levels to consider if they need to be decreased? they fluctuate a lot afaik. How would they be decreased?

Also I hate cold showers. I could try applying cold directly on the scalp, but how safe is this? brain freezing is no joke. I predict I'll not be able to do it and I will get a headache my eyes will feel bad too, I know because I tried with cold water.

Also OP said he puts his head in an awkward position in a bucket. Isn't it better to use a bag with an icepack? is the reversed position beneficial while applying cold or not?

In any case I don't see how OP isn't even on minoxidil.

Also: I guess you are aware you are going to need before-after picture evidence with any claims of improvement.

Your brain is not going to freeze. Don't give yourself pneumonia lol do it in moderation. Maybe 30-60 seconds of cold. You'll be fine. I know that it's hard, it is f*****g painful.

To reduce insulin, some drugs, insulin, and sleep have some effect, you can look it up. In general the trick is to switch from using sugar for energy to using fat for energy, it's a continuum, so:

- No snacking, longer periods between meals;
- higher fat foods, lower carb foods, lower animal protein foods;
- Avoid low-fat dairy products;
- High intensity exercises;

Point #4 doesn't mean a 20-minute jog, it means a sequence of 20-second sprints.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your brain is not going to freeze. Don't give yourself pneumonia lol do it in moderation. Maybe 30-60 seconds of cold. You'll be fine. I know that it's hard, it is f*****g painful.

To reduce insulin, some drugs, insulin, and sleep have some effect, you can look it up. In general the trick is to switch from using sugar for energy to using fat for energy, it's a continuum, so:

- No snacking, longer periods between meals;
- higher fat foods, lower carb foods, lower animal protein foods;
- Avoid low-fat dairy products;
- High intensity exercises;

Point #4 doesn't mean a 20-minute jog, it means a sequence of 20-second sprints.

I don't like this low carb nonsense to be frank, it makes me feel depleted. I hate all that paleo nonsense. I have top shape, im skinny but very toned, and I eat whatever the f*** I want. If I try to do any "diets" I don't feel as good.

I should fix my sleep schelude, it's a total mess. I go to sleep at 4, 5 am, browsing internet forums, and I get no sunlight. Balding has rendered me an insane man.

Anyway, you still didn't tell me how to measure this scientifically, you need to know if you have any insulin problems to begin with before mentally masturbating about it being another reason of your hairloss.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't like this low carb nonsense to be frank, it makes me feel depleted. I hate all that paleo nonsense. I have top shape, im skinny but very toned, and I eat whatever the f*** I want. If I try to do any "diets" I don't feel as good.

I should fix my sleep schelude, it's a total mess. I go to sleep at 4, 5 am, browsing internet forums, and I get no sunlight. Balding has rendered me an insane man.

Anyway, you still didn't tell me how to measure this scientifically, you need to know if you have any insulin problems to begin with before mentally masturbating about it being another reason of your hairloss.

You can measure insulin with a blood test, it's standard.

There is no mental masturbation, insulin resistance is correlated with more rapid hair loss. That's a high-significance measurement found in the literature.

But for the time being, don't even worry about it. Focus on fixing your sleep. I don't know if that will help your hair, but it should be good for you.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can measure insulin with a blood test, it's standard.

There is no mental masturbation, insulin resistance is correlated with more rapid hair loss. That's a high-significance measurement found in the literature.

But for the time being, don't even worry about it. Focus on fixing your sleep. I don't know if that will help your hair, but it should be good for you.
But my point is, insuling fluctuates a lot throught the day. A particular measurement in a particular time is pretty useless.

I think the correct way to do this should be various measurements through the day somehow.

Just like how cortisol is properly measured with a saliva test and with a 24 hour urine test.

The thing is, I don't understand why OP thinks he can bypass minoxidil and finasteride.

Even if he believes the fatty tissue is the reason for follicles deteriorating, he pretty much admited DHT is a big cause of that brown fat to disapear, and minoxidil improves blood flow.

I believe no amount of natural methods are going to make your scalp safe from this hell, we need chemical stuff, unfortunately.

Genetics play a major role. Most bald men spawn bald sons (which is why bald men shoudln't have descendancy).

Reaction score
HairIsPossible was last seen:
Sep 12, 2016

How bald do you think OP is by now?

It's rather sad that we have been programmed to equate the worth of a man with the amount of hair on his head. If you closely watch television commercials you will notice that they ALWAYS depict the "loser" character as bald and the "winner" character as having a full head of hair. This is done on purpose to condition us into having low self-esteem, so that we will be much more easily manipulated by their illusions and lies.

Baldness is a characteristic male trait, there's no shame in it, and other than reasons of vanity there's little reason to wish for a different fate.

That being said, this mystery of hair loss is the key to unlocking the next paradigm in our understanding of the human body where we can finally throw out all the junk the universities and "scientific" journals teach us and actually look at what is actually going on in the human body.

The cold treatment failed, the headstands failed, everything I have mentioned here has failed. The reason for this is because I have been conceptualizing hair loss as a localized problem, as if the issue is resides entirely in the scalp. This I believe has been my error.

Nothing in the human body occurs in isolation, especially not a long term onsetting condition like male pattern baldness.

I strongly encourage those who agree with the above statement to read "Our Senseless Toil" by Viktor Schauberger. This brilliant work will provide the basis to break out of the current paradigm to a higher truth. I should note it does not directly address male pattern baldness, however the secrets of nature it reveals will one day lead a pious thinker to the understanding and perhaps the solution of this near universal limitation.

I do not have a new hypothesis or new technique to share with you for now. It may be years before the ideas crystalize and the gates to a new practical approach have opened.

I wish to thank those who have supported my ideas thus far and had the boldness to think against the medical mafia, and I also wish to thank those who have flung their arrows at me because nothing fuels the drive to discover truth than to wish to rise above ignorance.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi my friend, there is no problem if we don't get the solution, all it is trying it.

"The human is a being created according to Nature's laws and is therefore dependent upon them." Thank you for the link.

Have a nice day

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's rather sad that we have been programmed to equate the worth of a man with the amount of hair on his head. If you closely watch television commercials you will notice that they ALWAYS depict the "loser" character as bald and the "winner" character as having a full head of hair. This is done on purpose to condition us into having low self-esteem, so that we will be much more easily manipulated by their illusions and lies.

Baldness is a characteristic male trait, there's no shame in it, and other than reasons of vanity there's little reason to wish for a different fate.

It's a negative characteristic male trait. It does not make you more masculine or anything, it just lowers the odds of getting laid with beautiful young women and women in general. Do we really want that?

I wish to thank those who have supported my ideas thus far and had the boldness to think against the medical mafia, and I also wish to thank those who have flung their arrows at me because nothing fuels the drive to discover truth than to wish to rise above ignorance.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate anyone that is doing something to stop this disease, but I hate how you call "medical mafia" the only proven tools we have to realistically have results against this disease, while the rest of methods have failed to deliver.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
Let me make this simpler for the idiots out there:

Hair follicle need fat to grow
DHT make fat disappear
but me need DHT to be a man
maybe me can restore fat in hair using other method

Just gettin' started with this thread and you already get kudos from me! ;)

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
You have cause/effect backwards. WNT/beta-catenin signaling increases fat deposit levels as it sends hair into the anagen phase. Just adding fat doesn't send it into the anagen phase. Actual cold therapy would decrease circulation--which is clearly not good since inducing angiogenesis through VEGF increases hair growth by an independent mechanism. Anyway, menthol in peppermint oil increases hair growth (warning: IN MICE), and its action on the follicle is mediated by the TRPM8 receptor, which is also called the cold-menthol receptor. Therefore, increasing cold response without decreasing blood circulation might really regrow hair. Menthol is the best way to do this, as icilin is not selective enough (it cross-reacts with heat receptors, which have been shown to cause hair LOSS).

To sum all this up...

Try a little peppermint in a carrier oil. It will do as much as you can expect to get out of cold therapy.

(For chemo is different--they really are trying to prevent short-term blood circulation during chemo infusions to keep the drugs away from the hair until they are absorbed elsewhere.)

The effect I believe we're looking for comes AFTER cold therapy. The constriction would happen while your scalp is sitting in the cold water, but once finished your body would then send blood up there to assist with warming up correct? We could then utilize various massaging techniques to really get the blood moving around up there and opening up the pathways.

I am definitely curious about the menthol idea and this thread really has my mind doing gymnastics right now. I had seen other scattered discussion around the web about the scalp ice bath (or ginger water). Now I'm thinking:
  • Am I hypothyroid? If so, am I also insulin resistant?
  • If both answers are yes - seek to fix these issues, so as to allow regeneration of "brown fat"
  • Menthol or cold water head baths for my scalp while I'm hanging from my inversion table
  • Wounding with my dermaroller once a week
  • Employ a topical of some kind (non-pharma) - there's a ton out there (can be a little bit confusing)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's a negative characteristic male trait. It does not make you more masculine or anything, it just lowers the odds of getting laid with beautiful young women and women in general. Do we really want that?

The real negative male trait you describe are these licentious habits. Are you such a man that one woman is not enough for you? So now not only are we to waste our lives worrying about losing our hair, but we must also waste it seeking validation from women in multitude through fleeting relationships based on the most superficial forms of attraction.

I agree that it is a limitation, particularly of expression. Though I do not mind my hair like this, the available hairstyles diminishes rapidly as baldness onsets.

That being said, I would never take back the experience of losing my hair. For one, it unburdened me of a sickening vanity that consumed so much of my being. When I had more hair, that was when I was having nearly weekly panic attacks in worry that I was losing it and constant anxiety of what was to come if and when it became too thin to hide. Not to mention a creeping insecurity that often took my full will power to subdue in order to maintain a sense of composure and confidence knowing that I might not have the thickest head of hair out there.

Having lost my hair, I now know how foolish and childish all that was. My hair, and the "image" that it allowed me, was worthless compared to the richer fruit which my attachment to appearances was preventing me from receiving, and to have finally seen my worst fears come to fruition and yet feel stronger and more vital than I ever did during those supposedly "fortunate" times of youth, it has been like facing death and resurrecting into the eternal.

My brothers, do not mistake your hair for your manhood. God has given you all something much greater than an even hairline. He has given you the capacity to think and dream and create. As much as you imagine a woman will give herself to you if you have hair, she will give herself to you a thousandfold more if you have initiative, poise and love. There are more women who wake up disappointed after a night with a man who had "hella good hair" than there are sands on the beach, but of women who woke up disappointed with a champion of her heart who lives and breathes from his very soul the Man that he was born to be, there has never been one.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
So I soaked my scalp in a bucket of cold water tonight.

Jeeeeeeez that is hard to do for anything longer than a minute :eek:. The top of my head is pulsing like crazy right now. LOL

kadaif

Reaction score
The difficulty here is developing a method that will signal to the body to produce fat only on top of the scalp, because if the entire body is exposed to the cold it will adapt by improving circulation and increasing brown adipose fat across the whole body until it can adequately cope with the cold. Though this will has tremendous beneficially effects for a person's health and it is recommended (see Wim Hof Cold Showers), it will not help us much in restoring the layer of fat on the scalp.

I am experimenting with putting only the top of my scalp under cold water for 5 minutes several times per day as a way to signal to my body that my scalp in particular needs its fat layer to be enhanced, but refining this method may take some time. In the meantime, I wish to hear your thoughts on these ideas.

What about some ice?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The real negative male trait you describe are these licentious habits. Are you such a man that one woman is not enough for you? So now not only are we to waste our lives worrying about losing our hair, but we must also waste it seeking validation from women in multitude through fleeting relationships based on the most superficial forms of attraction.

I agree that it is a limitation, particularly of expression. Though I do not mind my hair like this, the available hairstyles diminishes rapidly as baldness onsets.

That being said, I would never take back the experience of losing my hair. For one, it unburdened me of a sickening vanity that consumed so much of my being. When I had more hair, that was when I was having nearly weekly panic attacks in worry that I was losing it and constant anxiety of what was to come if and when it became too thin to hide. Not to mention a creeping insecurity that often took my full will power to subdue in order to maintain a sense of composure and confidence knowing that I might not have the thickest head of hair out there.

Having lost my hair, I now know how foolish and childish all that was. My hair, and the "image" that it allowed me, was worthless compared to the richer fruit which my attachment to appearances was preventing me from receiving, and to have finally seen my worst fears come to fruition and yet feel stronger and more vital than I ever did during those supposedly "fortunate" times of youth, it has been like facing death and resurrecting into the eternal.

My brothers, do not mistake your hair for your manhood. God has given you all something much greater than an even hairline. He has given you the capacity to think and dream and create. As much as you imagine a woman will give herself to you if you have hair, she will give herself to you a thousandfold more if you have initiative, poise and love. There are more women who wake up disappointed after a night with a man who had "hella good hair" than there are sands on the beach, but of women who woke up disappointed with a champion of her heart who lives and breathes from his very soul the Man that he was born to be, there has never been one.
Major_Cope.gif

StevenDex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im doing morning cold shows like Mr Wimhof, but now that I think about it hes also suffers pretty much hairloss..

TanbarkBells

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can i just say how happy i am that people like HairIsPossible exist.
Keep fighting the good fight brother. Keep spreading those perspectives. It's refreshing to see some genuine wisdom here, rather than the typical depressive/negative comments of men who have fallen into the paradigm of "hair loss = life over".
Your failed experiments only bring us closer to truth.
Please don't leave this place. Lol.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@HairIsPossible I wish you nothing but the best, and I think all research regarding baldness is important.

Balding has made me a bitter monster. Im really a nice guy, but I can't take balding. I hope that you buy a wig and enjoy at least the feel of people looking at you as non bald while you keep researching. No one deserves to be bald, except Kim Jong Un itself, which ironically has a f*****g NW0. Geez.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So who the hell has had solid results from this? Anyone?

This is just speculative talk. We're not getting anywhere. Yeah, I'm up for the idea of alternative treatments too. Don't mean to sh*t on your thread, but the answer lies in DHT inhibition, and using a regrowth stimulant. Which stimulant you want to use? Well, there's people looking for that in the field of alternative treatments as well. What works best? Everyone reports time and time again, minoxidil.

As for cold therapy, are your results little less than someone else's lack of results on a legit treatment? That's the truth.

There's no room for opinion, hope, belief, faith, platitudes or feelings.