code red.

bubka

Reaction score
:jackit: :roll: :jackit: :roll: :jackit: :whistle: :whistle: :jackit: :jackit: my name is $tackz or Stackz or Davidoff? or JohnRambo, or Ramboteror, or RaMbO, or KiLaManti?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any spontaneous erections or "morning wood" in a while though.

I'm curious how many people stop getting "morning wood". Is that a sign of ED to come? I never
have spontaneous erections but I've had "morning wood" daily since about 13 and finasteride has not changed that
at all. Maybe we could use that as a sign to reduce the finasteride dosage?

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
casperz said:
I haven't had any spontaneous erections or "morning wood" in a while though.

I'm curious how many people stop getting "morning wood". Is that a sign of ED to come? I never
have spontaneous erections but I've had "morning wood" daily since about 13 and finasteride has not changed that
at all. Maybe we could use that as a sign to reduce the finasteride dosage?

My morning wood still happens occasionally, but it's less "fierce" than it used to be. This has vastly improved on lower dosage.

As an update, morning erections and spontaneous erections have returned. Testicular tenderness has gone away.

I feel normal again. I am currently on
~0.33 mg of finasteride per day. I'm working up to 0.50 mg per day which I will begin in a week.

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Up to 0.5 mg daily. Got a ball ache for a day when I increased the dose, but it went away when I woke up the next morning. No problems with sexual function and I still get spontaneous erections, etc. Also, ejaculate amt is on the increase, and I've had no significant acne problems since a few weeks ago. I am dosing consistently now at 0.5 mg and haven't taken a day off in a long time. I think consistency helps your endocrine system adjust faster.

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Turns out I actually have a condition that predisposed me to testicular ache.

I will spare you guys the details, but it sucks and I might have to get corrective surgery. Anyway, it may be the reason that I had so much testicular pain with propecia. Perhaps I was the exception to the rule..?

CMartel2

Reaction score
When I first took finasteride, I experienced impotence and testicular pain within the first week. These went away in a few days.

10-years later, everything has been fine until the past year when my erections have been going soft about 20-minutes into sex at the age of 29. I'm having a few other side effects with the drug, namely mild dribbling after urination, that have been longer term with the last year.

Libido is definitely still normal.

I'm debating on dropping my dose of finasteride pretty streadily. Either 0.25 mg daily or 0.25 mg EOD. We shall see...

BlindFan

Established Member
Reaction score
do you think your losing your erections due to the finasteride or simply bc your aging

ali777

Reaction score
medmax84 said:
Turns out I actually have a condition that predisposed me to testicular ache.

I will spare you guys the details, but it sucks and I might have to get corrective surgery. Anyway, it may be the reason that I had so much testicular pain with propecia. Perhaps I was the exception to the rule..?

When I had the testicular pain I did some research, I mean as much as google allows me to, and I did realise that it was a condition that could get worse requiring a corrective surgery. Anyway, I'm not on the finasteride anymore, so I don't have any worries in that department.

BlindFan said:
do you think your losing your erections due to the finasteride or simply bc your aging

At 29? I doubt it.

We all go through stressful times, physical illnesses, etc. Such factors have an effect on the libido, so the cause could be one or a few of many factors.

CMartel2

Reaction score
Aging at 29? I guess that could be a possible etyiology, but it would be pretty darn early.

2% reported first experiencing ED before age 40
4% reported first experiencing ED between ages 40 to 49
26% reported first experiencing ED between ages 50 to 59
40% reported first experiencing ED between ages 60 to 69

It's the finasteride. I have no doubts. I'll be going in to the Doctor's to get blood work done, and I'll try to get a full panel to see where I'm at. Judging by past results posted by others on here and other sites, I'm guessing elevated prolactin, estrogen, and progesterone along with the decreased DHT.

We shall see.

I'm going off of finasteride for a week and probably dropping down to the lower dosage. I think quitting these drugs cold turkey is probably a bad idea, anyway.

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Jake_89 said:
BlindFan said:
increased estrogen???? finasteride increases your estrogen levels??!
yes

Transiently in most individuals. This is a function of a physiologic response to a temporary increase in T that occurs in response to the reduction of serum DHT. T is aromatized to estradiol.

It has ZERO effect on endogenous production of estrogen, only in T's conversion to estradiol. Theoretically, as T returns to normal, estradiol levels will return to normal as well.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Yah I had to take Aromasin for the increase E2 for about 4 weeks I am slowly tapering off now and i don't seem to be getting any Gyno problems.... fingers crossed but its always good to have a anti E on hand regardless when starting Propecia

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you havent already, medmax, just quit it, your gonna freak yourself out... same thing happened to me the first month or two..I almost quit, luckily i stopped worrying every f*****g second of the day and the sides mysteriously vanished. I wonder if it had something to do with the fact that i was thinking so hard about getting sides my mind actually gave me some sides? What a strange phenomenon!

Anyway, propecia has helped me shitloads, i have gained back a lot of hair and i couldnt be happier...but you sound way too freaked out about it, hopefully you quit soon or just take the pill and stop worrying every f*****g day about it, either way, good luck.

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Dogs3 said:
if you havent already, medmax, just quit it, your gonna freak yourself out... same thing happened to me the first month or two..I almost quit, luckily i stopped worrying every f****ing second of the day and the sides mysteriously vanished. I wonder if it had something to do with the fact that i was thinking so hard about getting sides my mind actually gave me some sides? What a strange phenomenon!

Anyway, propecia has helped me shitloads, i have gained back a lot of hair and i couldnt be happier...but you sound way too freaked out about it, hopefully you quit soon or just take the pill and stop worrying every f****ing day about it, either way, good luck.

I was freaked out... it's getting better.