Cnn - Cotsarelis And Christiano Interview 10/18

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice find :)

"In the end, I think there are going to be multiple ways to treat male pattern baldness, and some will work fabulously well in some people and not so well in others," Cotsarelis said.

Ugh - it's going to take many lifetimes to cure this...

Not agree, I personaly think this disease will be resolved in our Lifetime. Be positive man, we have some pretty researchers and findings.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
"

No one to blame but ourselves.

"It's like taking a brown plant that's all but dead and bringing it back to life again," he said.

This is what we're up against - that's how final hair loss is. It's absolute madness we are not pressing for a prompt preventative treatment.
All because we're too consumed with false notions of masculinity and fantasies of full regrowth.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No one to blame but ourselves.

"It's like taking a brown plant that's all but dead and bringing it back to life again," he said.

Scrape away the dead and lay the seeds for another plant. That's what they're trying to do now.

And again, I'd like to personally fight every higher up at the FDA. There are so many adverse side effects to so many drugs that they don't recall because they're cash cows. How about a common side effect of anti-depressant medication being depression? Does that make any f*****g sense? Or any countless drug that "may cause death." It's my body, and my life; I should be allowed to roll the dice on side effects if I deem that to be appropriate, 'cosmetic' issue or not.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Scrape away the dead and lay the seeds for another plant. That's what they're trying to do now.

And again, I'd like to personally fight every higher up at the FDA. There are so many adverse side effects to so many drugs that they don't recall because they're cash cows. How about a common side effect of anti-depressant medication being depression? Does that make any f*****g sense? Or any countless drug that "may cause death." It's my body, and my life; I should be allowed to roll the dice on side effects if I deem that to be appropriate, 'cosmetic' issue or not.

The FDA doesn't care nor does it respect you. They do, however, respect $$$$ from big pharma!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to officially decide that JAK inhibitors are a complete write off. Here's why:

161017121643-experimental-drugs-restore-hair-loss-split-exlarge-169.jpg

So the guy clearly has regular androgenic alopecia along with alopecia areata... only one alopecia was solved.

Case closed.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any attention that Androgenetic Alopecia gets is good, but I don't get why the F they'd interview Christiano. The least they could do is focus on research that's in clinical trials, but that wouldn't give them the clickbait headline.

Because sexism. Regular bald is to remain a joke while alopecia areata that affects women as often as it does men gets sympathy.

You just have to come to terms with the fact that men with Androgenetic Alopecia aren't respected.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice find :)

"In the end, I think there are going to be multiple ways to treat male pattern baldness, and some will work fabulously well in some people and not so well in others," Cotsarelis said.

Not agree, I personaly think this disease will be resolved in our Lifetime. Be positive man, we have some pretty researchers and findings.

Cure is not treatment,but treatment is 100% possible only we need know its cause and so avoid develop the problem.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 100% w
I'm going to officially decide that JAK inhibitors are a complete write off. Here's why:

So the guy clearly has regular androgenic alopecia along with alopecia areata... only one alopecia was solved.

Case closed.
I am 100% with you, they resolved areta but not common baldness ;)
BTW areata most of cases are resolved whitout treatment, only time....

Prada1

Established Member
Reaction score

Case closed.

Ive used Jak Inhibitors for non-male pattern baldness related health issues. I didn't do anything whatsoever for my thinning. In fact I was going through a phase of increased thinning. Now, to be clear Im NOT stating Tofacitinib caused increased hairloss, it was just coincidental but it sure didn't do anything to help abate it. Now a year later and off the drug, I was on it for approx 14 months, there is no change for better or for worse.
However using minoxidilmax 15% did seem to help.

Abu Hairy Al-Forhedi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember we were discussing JAKs a year ago, or maybe even more and I said something like: "Wouldn't it be hilarious to take JAK inh after years of alopecia areata just to grow out a NW6" funny.

Case closed.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember we were discussing JAKs a year ago, or maybe even more and I said something like: "Wouldn't it be hilarious to take JAK inh after years of alopecia areata just to grow out a NW6" funny.

LOL... and yet, still no proper treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia when 2017 is right around the corner.

Pathetic.

Abu Hairy Al-Forhedi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
indeed pathetic. Been around these forums for almost a decade. Desperation, helplessness and available treatments seems to be a constant.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cure is not treatment,but treatment is 100% possible only we need know its cause and so avoid develop the problem.

A treatment is a cure if it completely relieves the symptoms of the disease.

I see this statement all the time around here and I invite anyone to name me a disease that is cured without a "treatment". With what disease can you just use a lotion or take a pill and be cured overnight?

tsuji.jpg

New-Year-2020-Calender-by-Danilo-Rizzuti-FreeDigitalPhotos.net_.jpg

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
A treatment is a cure if it completely relieves the symptoms of the disease.

I see this statement all the time around here and I invite anyone to name me a disease that is cured without a "treatment". With what disease can you just use a lotion or take a pill and be cured overnight?

tsuji.jpg

New-Year-2020-Calender-by-Danilo-Rizzuti-FreeDigitalPhotos.net_.jpg

In 2020, I'm bringing a bottle of champagne with me to Japan with Dr. Tsuji's name on it.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score

Case closed.
This is a kick in the balls.
Atleast he has eyebrows.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Case closed.
This is EXACTLY what i thought would happen. Hair grows in all areas except the male pattern baldness zones. I guess if you have AA it would be fairly hard to tell if you also have male pattern baldness. Complete and utter fail for 95% of hair loss sufferers.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man I got to be honest. I would be fuming extremely hard because of these kind of articles if I were in a bad position right now in terms of my hair. It's disgusting.

But I have learned too, I tend to see more the comical side of these articles these days. You just gotta appreciate the game I guess. Well played Christiano, that's for sure :).

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
They're saying the drug has to be formulated right to penetrate deep enough to affect follicles affected by Androgenetic Alopecia. I was never banking on jak inhibitors due to how far away they seem, but i dont get the pessimism from this article alone tbh.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're saying the drug has to be formulated right to penetrate deep enough to affect follicles affected by Androgenetic Alopecia. I was never banking on jak inhibitors due to how far away they seem, but i dont get the pessimism from this article alone tbh.

I have AA so i dont really understand the mechanism of how the same medication to help AA can help Androgenetic Alopecia..i wish they would have gone into that. Maybe that is what is pissing people with Androgenetic Alopecia off . they are such different ailments it seems 'insincere' and 'could" be seen as Public relations BS to raise funding for Columbia U trials.
Im purely speculating.