Cmon guys please, very easy advice needed....

IceZ

Reaction score
Hi

I have been reading here for a couple of months, you guys are f*****g hilarious and very knowledgeable.

I have finally pinpointed the word I had been looking for....

"SEBUM"

This is my problem, have a shaved down #1 and this SEBUM sh*t is bothering more then my hair loss. It's bad enough I have thinning hair but with a shaved head and oily/crusty scalp and flakes showing... How bad can it get.

I need to know what you guys suggest to remove or help with the sebum. Every time I scratch the guk I have like 5 hairs stuck in it. This sebum is chocking my hair that wants to grow out.

I do not use any medication, toppiks, nothing. I am looking for a solution for this annoying/embarrassing build up. Browsing the net JOJOBA OIL seems to come up quite often for sebum...

Any advice word deeply help.

Thanks.

Z

(Thinning for 10 years, sebum problem for last 7)

G

Use nizoral shampoo 3 times a week and that should reduce your sebum production somewhat.

UNfortunately, the sebum you are producing has always been the same, its just that now you have thinner and less hair in these areas, less sebum is soaked up by the hair, thus giving you the impression that you are producing more sebum.

You can buy Mattifying Lotion from cosmetics counters in various stores, this lotion needs to be rubbed over your greasy areas and it will take the shine away.

Hopefully this will work for you.

Good luck shiny eggman.

IceZ

Reaction score
Thanks man,

Oily scalp don't bother me at all. My scalp is dryer then an Arab shoelace right now. I have no oily spots anywhere, just dry *** scabby crust on my scalp.

thanks again

G

IceZ said:
Thanks man,

Oily scalp don't bother me at all. My scalp is dryer then an Arab shoelace right now. I have no oily spots anywhere, just dry *** scabby crust on my scalp.

thanks again

Then what do you mean by a sebum problem????

IceZ

Reaction score
it's like dry crust. If I rub my hand down my scalp it feels like scabs.
After I found out about sebum I immediately starting reading about it.

I think it's when cholesterol and sebum build up it gets hard. They said vitamin E helps it. It just bugs me because I have been thinning (started with temples at around 16-17, I am now 27), and the more I read on these forums the more I try and find someone similar to me so I can relate.

I read about people talking about SHEDS. I have never really noticed anything like that. After 10 years of male pattern baldness you know your scalp/hair pretty damm well. since day 1, I have always lost about the same amount of hair after shower,blow dry ect... never really changed. Even now with a shaved head, I can pass my hand through my scalp 20 times and probably will only lose 1-3 hairs.

I have to get a damm camera and get some pics.

I started something this week. I bought some SpectroJel. Apply it to my scalp, let it sit for 2 minutes then rinse my head for like 3 minutes in freezing water. My scalp does feel better and not as much crust. I will continue this for now until I decide what else to by for the sebum. I believe this crust is holding back my hair growth somewhat.

G

IceZ said:
it's like dry crust. If I rub my hand down my scalp it feels like scabs.
After I found out about sebum I immediately starting reading about it.

I think it's when cholesterol and sebum build up it gets hard. They said vitamin E helps it. It just bugs me because I have been thinning (started with temples at around 16-17, I am now 27), and the more I read on these forums the more I try and find someone similar to me so I can relate.

I read about people talking about SHEDS. I have never really noticed anything like that. After 10 years of male pattern baldness you know your scalp/hair pretty damm well. since day 1, I have always lost about the same amount of hair after shower,blow dry ect... never really changed. Even now with a shaved head, I can pass my hand through my scalp 20 times and probably will only lose 1-3 hairs.

I have to get a damm camera and get some pics.

I started something this week. I bought some SpectroJel. Apply it to my scalp, let it sit for 2 minutes then rinse my head for like 3 minutes in freezing water. My scalp does feel better and not as much crust. I will continue this for now until I decide what else to by for the sebum. I believe this crust is holding back my hair growth somewhat.

Ahh! What you are describing is not sebum but 'dried semen'.

If you can, try to avoid getting semen in your hair, I know this can be difficult especially when you are out with your mates 'clubbing' or 'cruising'.

If possible ask your friends to not get their semen in your hair and let it go on the floor or on your back maybe.

10 years of dried semen build-up can cause some nasty irritation on the scalp.

If you insist on letting the semen stay in your hair, then you must use a clarifying shampoo in rotation with nizoral plus a brillo pad and KY Jelly evry other day.

IceZ

Reaction score
alright then.

You were cool till Tyn put his nose in the thread and ruined it. Don't follow his lead, the guy thrives from his messageboard popularity, pretty sure he's a loser away from this site.

This is the sh*t thing about this site. Some people come here to ask serious questions, I am not a panicking 17 year old with a Norwood 1 and yet still can't get any serious results.

Thanks for the first reply, I will try it out.

G

Sorry dude, just trying to keep it light-hearted.

I do not think your problem is sebum. I have never heard of sebum drying and crusting your scalp up. It sound like a very bad skin condition which may have made your baldness worse.

Really all I can recommend is seeing a good dermatologist who will hopefully diagnose the problem and no doubt prescribe some cream or shampoo.

You could try using a coal-tar shampoo for a while and see if that helps.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
doesn't sound like a sebum problem....It sounds more like "Seborrheic dermatitis"...Google it.

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
That I'm aware of, after reading here, Tyn is not a smartass but is studying to be a doctor? Not sure of that but I think that the humor had it's place:)

G

A little joviality and mirth goes a long way to staying happy. I have to post silly sh*t sometimes to keep me smiling.

If people like Tynan, Oni, Gard etc didn't post the funny sh*t I wouldn't come here half as much.

Sorry if this pisses off some people who are in a bad place at the moment with their male pattern baldness but its my way of dealing with things.

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
neil, you're right dude! If we get so serious that we are ready to break over our male pattern baldness then something is seriously wrong :freaked2: