Clues To How One Will Respond To finasteride?

subterfuge

Reaction score
So kind of an odd question.

I've been scared to take finasteride for a long time, mainly because of the 4 people I know in real life who have taken it, 3 of them had sexual sides, one of whom said he never 'properly recovered'. Scared the crap out of me. I don't get laid much, but if I can't even masterbate, then...yeah, i'm out!

Although I also note that official statistics say that chances of them sides are super low, so i'm not sure what to make of that. Maybe my friends were all super unlucky.

Anyway, i'm tempted to try it as my hair has started to thin big time, and i'm balding fast.

Here's the thing: I know it's all about DHT and testosterone etc, and there's likely a pattern in terms of good responders and bad responders.

I can't grow a beard. At all. So does that mean that my DHT is already low? I dunno about this sort of stuff.
I have almost no underarm hair or chest hair
I had a tesosterone test done a while back, and my total T was in the 'normal range'

Basically, I wonder whether the fact that i'm 'unusual' in terms of hairiness means that there's something going on, and that i'll likely react in some sort of EXTREME way to finasteride! I worry about legit turning into a girl with boobs and my penis dissappearing! lol