Clothes for the balding/shaved guy

omgstfuty

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, Iv'e always thought that fashion was for morons and assholes.
But Ive come to see the light of day, I need to get some good advice on what will look good on me and what wont, If i could, I would walk around in some baggy shitty jeans and any old t-shirt, but I cant, I know I have to try much harder with my clothes now.
So does any one know any good websites that can give out fashion tips for men, who arent in the know about all this stuff???
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Okay, bud. Here is what you need to do.

Start your new wardrobe with some basics. Your first building blocks are a nice pair of good-fitting, NICE jeans, and a pair of flat-front khakis with NO front pleats or ankle cuffs.

Spend some time, go to several different stores, and find some pants that fit you well. Every store has a different cut, and slightly different nuances in sizing. You want to get a pair of both that are not so tight where you feel you are putting pressure on the fabric, but not so baggy as they slump down on your waistline. You don't want tight, you don't want loose, you want them to fit, and look good on you.

Next, you need a basic white long-sleeved, button down dress shirt. NOT a business dress shirt, but a casual white dress shirt (the material is a bit thicker). Men's bodies come in different dimensions so you need to shop around to find one that fits you. My problem, personally, is that I have broad shoulders and a narrow waist, so some shirts are tight in the shoulders, others are too loose around the waist, and it seems that when I find one that fits me well in both shoulders and waist, the sleeves are too long. GET the one that fits your body, and if the sleeves don't fit, OR if it is too baggy around the waist, you can take them to a tailor, or most any dry cleaner, and they'll fix it so it fits you perfectly.

In a nutshell, wear clothes that FIT you well. If you like a shirt, and it doesn't quite fit you, buy the larger of the two sizes and get it cut at a tailor until it fits. Don't go too baggy, if you have a good physique, don't be afraid to flaunt it. No, I am NOT saying TIGHT, I am saying GOOD FIT.

Get a pair of nice black dressy-but-not "dress" shoes, and a pair of casual brown shoes, a black leather belt, and a brown leather belt that matches your shoes.

Next, get some nice socks. The rule of thumb is to wear socks that match the color of your pants, but with jeans, you can either wear a light grey or white is okay too with more casual shoes.

Pick up a good cologne to give the new you a new and fresh scent.

And, there you have it. You have the basic building blocks for a classy male wardrobe. From there on, it is just a matter of adding things on. Perhaps the next purchase is a good pair of black slacks... dark solid shirts look good with the black slacks, and black shoes. With the khakis, lighter shirts or patterned shirts fit well, and you can easily turn any of your shirts into more of a casual look by wearing them with the jeans, and some nice shoes.

I know that some of you are reading this and saying, damn, Gardener is gay, but unfortunately for your assholes, I am not. I had a pimp grandfather who taught me to never leave the house ungroomed or unkept. He said, you never know what is going to happen that day, who you will run into, or what kind of an impression you are going to make on someone who might become important in your future. First impressions are everything, and your appearance is something well worth paying attention to.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
I know that some of you are reading this and saying, damn, Gardener is gay, but unfortunately for your assholes, I am not. I had a pimp grandfather who taught me to never leave the house ungroomed or unkept. He said, you never know what is going to happen that day, who you will run into, or what kind of an impression you are going to make on someone who might become important in your future. First impressions are everything, and your appearance is something well worth paying attention to.

This is so damn important. I follow this as best as I can. Clean-shaven face is definitely a plus, not to mention-- if you got thinning hair-- I think that blonde frosting on the tips would make it look great.

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
May I suggest a nice Mink fur coat and a Fedora?

The lynchpin of any hi-rollin' pimp-daddy NW3+

omgstfuty

Established Member
Reaction score
Right thanks for the advice Gardener, Im gonna get my *** about the shops later this afternoon, and all this week. I hate shopping,but I no it has to be done :)
Cheers for the response dude!

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I like Gardy's suggestions.
However, keep in mind that how tall you are makes a lot of difference in choosing your clothes. If you are short like me, I believe short sleeves are better than the long sleeves. Also, wearing clothes to make you look taller is important
I cannot go by Gardy's suggestion as my waist size keeps changing. I try to lose weight by exercise and diet, but can only do so much.

Your body shape will also make a difference in what you wear. If you are in great shape, then you can wear pretty much any clothes. If you are not in good shape (or average like me), you have to wear clothes that highlight your plus points and hide your weaknesses.
A tip would be to look for actors or people your shape/size and see what they wear.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
endoftheend, pardon my poor english. i hope it is clear now.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would wax the middle of the hair to give a true Norwood 6 slick bald look and then go out to the store and buy some black socks and brown sandles and a wool sweater. Stay out of the sun. Pale white goes really good with baldness. Walk around with a camera as well, so you look like a tourist. Become a vegetarian and eat banana chips.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
askas said:
Well,after long exploring this field,as this plays important role in a ilfe of a bald man,I found out the most important points that we have to stick with.
Long-sleeved hat,that completely hides your shiny head.And...yes,never take it off.If somebody in office asks you for that,just make him feel uncomfortable,e.g make a threat and show a piece of a toy gun from your pocket.So that will make you feel much more self-assured,because nobody knows already.Just think..nobody,and never.
Sunglasses.Big ones.They required to make you be in a shield,you hide your eyes,and no one knows that you think.
NEVER look to someones eyes.always.If someone starts talking to you,make a view like the person means nothing to you,turn back,or shake your head like he is crazy for you.Your self-esteem will be back soon.
Wear black,of gray retro coat.Tell everyone that you are a spy or a detective,they will respect you.
If you feel that your self-esteem gradually dissapears,shout something out loudly and run along a crowdy street.Something like "off the road,Im on a mission!",and so on.You will see how these pussies afraid of you,and respect.This goes along.

That what I do when I play poker except for the running part.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what you need to do is take attention off your head if it is shaved or bald and highlight the good attributes you do have.....

if you look good with facial hair by all means go for it..but dont overdo it.....that goes for everything.

If you have a nice body where tight fitting clothes that make people look at your body first not your head......sometimes wearing classy dress shirts does the trick with khakis, or if your a more trendy guy go with a nice fitted graphic tee shirt and jeans.

If you are over weight or have alittle bit of "pudge" on you....go with looser fitted shirts that broaden your shoulders to make your waist seem smaller like a polo shirt(not tucked in) or a shirt with vertical stripes to give the effect that your torso is longer......making you look skinner.

And by all means take care of yourself....girls ..guys and anybody inbetween will take a liking to you if you look shapr..that doesnt mean having the a full head of hair or havign the fastest car.....wear a nice watch,nice shoes,nice belt,even a nice phone.

Look sharp and look confident...those will always beat hairloss..always