CLooney's Piece

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Let me solve the mystery. How about this: the men who stare at goats was filmed in 2004 , his temples were shaved ( look at the first picture, the area that's shaved is more white then the rest of his face). ER was still running in 2004 , so the picture with the receding hairline an episode of ER in 2004.

Men who Stare at Goats was filmed in 2009.

Clooney left ER in 1999.

although he apparently had the odd cameo in later years.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
Men who Stare at Goats was filmed in 2009.

Clooney left ER in 1999.

although he apparently had the odd cameo in later years.

Darn, you're right. Hmm mystery unsolved
but still his temples look shaved in that first picture.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
George-Clooney-in-ER-002.jpg

according to the site I got this from, this still was taken in 1998.

I never watched the series but it seems odd that his hairline would suddenly change within 4 years. Unless he shaved it for another film role in 1998. Or actually was receding and has somehow cleverly fixed it.

anybody want to go back and watch the whole first 5 seasons of ER to check?

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score

according to the site I got this from, this still was taken in 1998.

I never watched the series but it seems odd that his hairline would suddenly change within 4 years. Unless he shaved it for another film role in 1998. Or actually was receding and has somehow cleverly fixed it.

anybody want to go back and watch the whole first 5 seasons of ER to check?

He played in the thin red line and out of sight in 1998, but no receding hairline. That's really odd. Now I'm sucked into this.

- - - Updated - - -

in Syrianna (2005) he has a receding hairline too.
http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=96394&forumID=7&archive=0
Last picture on the page.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I've done a bit of searching and found some sources that claim he regularly shaves his widow's peak off, and has even admitted he does it

that would account for his incredibly straight hairline, but it must mean he also has an incredibly low hairline if he can afford to shave off the peak and still look like a Norwood 1

Clooney has also been accused of having hair plugs. That libel came after his role in Syriana, for which -- to appear more schlubby -- he shaved back the hair on his temples. In fact, he claims he's got the opposite problem, an advancing hairline: He's got a widow's peak that he shaves. "Right here," he says. "Feel."
I've never felt another man's widow's-peak stubble. But Clooney makes the invitation with such ease and confidence, it seems impolite to turn him down.

an advancing hairline... that's one problem I'd love to have:wow:

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
- to appear more schlubby -- he shaved back the hair on his temples.

I don't know what to make of this. A receding hair loss makes us look 'schlubby'?

what does that even mean? probably a Yiddish word

beaner

Reaction score
I've done a bit of searching and found some sources that claim he regularly shaves his widow's peak off, and has even admitted he does it

that would account for his incredibly straight hairline, but it must mean he also has an incredibly low hairline if he can afford to shave off the peak and still look like a Norwood 1

an advancing hairline... that's one problem I'd love to have:wow:

I believe this. You can see the slight shadow/stubble of the widow's peak on that first ER pick with the perfect hairline.

I used to watch ER all the time and I never thought Clooney was balding.

bagel

Banned
Reaction score
I believe this. You can see the slight shadow/stubble of the widow's peak on that first ER pick with the perfect hairline.

I used to watch ER all the time and I never thought Clooney was balding.

Yes that one picture above of him in the blue, you can clearly see his hairline has been shaved:

ss_090326_ER_00.grid-6x2.jpg

However, his hairline is clearly different from this time here. It's not shaved here, in fact you can see through his hairline and see his head, but it looks natural. This is not his normal hair. It looks like some kind of hair transplant, I don't think a piece can do this. But it's different from other image of his hairline, like his wedding pictures, so I don't know what is going on.

This is not shaved here:

slide_282759_2145475_original.jpg

shookwun

Reaction score
Im starting to think he wears a piece or had some work done.

Constant change in hairline over the years.

George-Clooney-Talk-About-Paparazzi-And-Freedom-Of-Speech-2.jpg

george-clooney.jpg

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
he's admitted he shaves his widow's peak off. For some reason in that first pic he didn't

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Photo from 2008;

r

It's like his hair is on the verge of falling off.

If he does wear a piece nowadays, it's unbelievably fantastic.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
All the piece talking aside, the guy is good
Even at that age age he looks great.

bagel

Banned
Reaction score
Im starting to think he wears a piece or had some work done.

Constant change in hairline over the years.

George-Clooney-Talk-About-Paparazzi-And-Freedom-Of-Speech-2.jpg

george-clooney.jpg

there's no way on god's given earth that that pic from 1999 is his actual hair. no hair ever looked like that that is real. the dude most likely has a hair transplant up front and a piece to go along with it or has a frontal piece of some kind. honestly, you cannot deny the 1999 one is his real hair. without a doubt he has had some work done. clooney.. share the damn details. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

he obviously isn't wearing a full wig because we would be able to tell. john travolta wears a full top piece and it is obvious. he must have combined hair transplant plus piece.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Full head of hair.
Perhaps he is using finasteride but yes full head of hair, no hair transplant or wig.

Reaction score
every image, the sides are clearly a different color from the top. why would he not do the same color for his entire head? it may not be a full piece, just partial. where does it say he shaved his head for the role? you are saying he shaved his head for every single episode of ER? I searched online, the only sources on this are hair loss forums, nothing official saying it.

View attachment 29916

View attachment 29917

View attachment 29918

View attachment 29919

- - - Updated - - -

Before the wedding...

george-clooney-2013-ee-british-academy-film-awards-02.jpg

After the wedding... Little bit of a different hairline here...

ap_clooney_alamuddin_jc_140926_16x9_992.jpg

My grandfather had hair like that without a transplant. It was white and grey on the sides but on top it was almost jet black. Clooney must have done SOMETHING though his hairline looked way farther back in ER and a couple other shows

FBaldy

Reaction score
Photo from 2008;

r

It's like his hair is on the verge of falling off.

If he does wear a piece nowadays, it's unbelievably fantastic.

Its tricky to say 100% or not but that pic could be a really bad hair day or moment but it reminds me of my own dodgy comb overs I think clooney has had work done over the years perhaps just keeps it mega hush hush via the clinic he uses. Props to him no one needs to know especially all those girls that fancy silver tail.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he cuts off that tiny point at the end to make his hairline look even but I just don't know. When he pulls it back it looks like it's perfectly straight and not high up on his forehead at all

shookwun

Reaction score
He wears a piece. To much change in the hairline over the years... no consistency.

Most likely is on propecia, and has had a hair transplant to completely refine his temple points, and sides.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
there's no way on god's given earth that that pic from 1999 is his actual hair. no hair ever looked like that that is real. the dude most likely has a hair transplant up front and a piece to go along with it or has a frontal piece of some kind. honestly, you cannot deny the 1999 one is his real hair. without a doubt he has had some work done. clooney.. share the damn details. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

he obviously isn't wearing a full wig because we would be able to tell. john travolta wears a full top piece and it is obvious. he must have combined hair transplant plus piece.

I agree, that 99 pick is very obvious that he's wearing a piece.