cloned cat

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it is easier to clone entire animals than it is to clone specific body parts.

michael barry

Reaction score
Optomist is right.

The guys at the HM forum at Bairsite (subsitite H for B) went over this a few years back. "Cloning" enitire animals (like Dolly the sheep back in 97') was much easier than getting specific stem cells to multiply in a dish and implanting the somewhere and get them to replicate specific tissues. It is a more scientific in vitro fertilization with sperm and eggs to do an entire animal apparently.

Phase 2 is going on right now. We should know how the 20 guys did around September 30 (one year anniversary) nex year.

Im for anything that gives men their hair back. Its time science whips baldness once and for all.

CCS

Reaction score
So if one company wins, will the other 4 keep trying to finish theirs and compete?

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't you? Ford made the first car, but he certainly didn't make it best. This isn't like a drug that there's only one specific formula for. I'm sure there are ways that the process could be modified and improved. But would these two have to go through three phases of testing?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
I hate cats.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you're gonna clone a cat, you might as well make it a supercat - similarly with hair, I want luminous threads.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
The article read -

"These three little kittens were born in September to the world's first cloned cat. Two of the kittens take after their mother, while the third, left, has a gray coat like his father."

The clue was, they did it without test tubes. What kind of cloning is that?

powersam

Reaction score
must have involved mirrors and fishing line then hey. i cant see any other way.

badday

Reaction score
...and i am sure that this cat have more hair from us