Clone my new hair system using the old one by myself

crossing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I have bought a new hair system to replace my old one. I cut my own hair but only on sides, so I have no real experience . My question is , there is any tutorial to replicate my actual hair size/style on the new unit by myself without going to a saloon ?

RunsWithScissors

My Regimen
Reaction score

The video above is the best illustration i've seen. 1) place your old hair system inside out on top of a head mannequin. 2) place a plastic dome (like the one that came with your hair system to hold it up during shipping) on top of that 3) trace around your old hair system onto the plastic dome with a marker - draw the line just inside of the old hair system as template because when you cut the plastic you want to go just inside the old system to make it fit perfect. 4) cut the plastic dome along the traced line on the plastic dome. 5) place new hair system inside out on the mannequin. 6) place template dome on top, line up the front as you typically don't want to cut into the front. 7) cut your new system around the template dome with a razor blade or small scissor - be careful to only cut the mesh, not the hair. 8) you now have a new hair system that is a duplicate shape of your old hair system. You also have a template for future hair systems.

As for styling, if you don't have the skill to cut it yourself you will have to find someone. A saloon is a great place to celebrate afterwards but for the hair cutting I recommend finding a good hair salon. ;)

Last edited: