Cleaning Lace System? C22 Oily Residue

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a good way to clean a lace system? I've tried c2w a few times but I'm always wary of making it difficult to get rid of the oily residue. This includes the base and anywhere there is seepage onto the hair.

If I was to liberally use C22 would it actually wash out using shampoo?

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can't get the glue off by the cotton wool method, and then alcohol, C-22 is the last resort.

It bonds with the glue and makes a white sludge when rinsed off. The only effective way to get it out, is lots of warm water and Fairy Liquid/Dawn dishwashing soap. Shampoo won't do it.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any good alternative? Especially with the current situation I want to make the most of this system and stretch out its life

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I'm switching to all tape. It's lace with a poly rim. I use ultra hold mini tabs on the poly and then extenda bond tape at the front. I'm going for much shorter attachments now to help this out

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I'm switching to all tape. It's lace with a poly rim. I use ultra hold mini tabs on the poly and then extenda bond tape at the front. I'm going for much shorter attachments now to help this out

I am going to try the lace front support (not the thin... which I can't get to work) for a client... this may be a good solution for the hairline. I will update.

Good luck.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to try the lace front support (not the thin... which I can't get to work) for a client... this may be a good solution for the hairline. I will update.

Good luck.

How did it goes with lace fron support for hair line?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
How did it goes with lace fron support for hair line?

It was... horrible!!! I found handling these tapes to be impossible. They would NOT stick to the lace... it may have something to do with the climate... it's been 33º for months... and humid.

I trashed them... and bought the Lace Front regular tapes, instead. They are awesome

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was... horrible!!! I found handling these tapes to be impossible. They would NOT stick to the lace... it may have something to do with the climate... it's been 33º for months... and humid.

I trashed them... and bought the Lace Front regular tapes, instead. They are awesome

Thanks i will have a look on those

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tape is 100 percent the best method. I wish I weren't allergic and could just keep the unit on for a prolonged period.

That said, if you are irrited by the tape, and scalp protector doesn't work, try Got2B (yellow tube or black), apply that to your scalp, let it try & apply the taped unit w serving as your buffer.

Works well - till it washes out...Use liberally.

HairPiece

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can't get the glue off by the cotton wool method, and then alcohol, C-22 is the last resort.

It bonds with the glue and makes a white sludge when rinsed off. The only effective way to get it out, is lots of warm water and Fairy Liquid/Dawn dishwashing soap. Shampoo won't do it.
I cant believe you my friend, me and my friend never use to any kind of dishwashing soap.It kill the hair! This is bull sh*t. My friend,How many years have you been doing this job ?

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I cant believe you my friend, me and my friend never use to any kind of dishwashing soap.It kill the hair! This is bull sh*t. My friend,How many years have you been doing this job ?

First of all personal attacks are NOT welcome here. This is a "friendly" forum where people come to share information, and help out people with problems and people new to the world of hair systems.

Second, it's super uncool of you to just show up, and start telling people what they MUST do, and MUST buy. We all know that methods and products are individual.

Thirdly, the use of "certain brands" of dishwashing soap (Dawn, and Fary Liquid) are used quite commonly in the industry, not just by myself, and others who work for my company (whom are all factory trained).

Finally... I suggest you change your attitude, or you will find yourself unwelcome here.

HairPiece

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear BaldBearded, i didnt attack you,dont misunderstand me, just saying that dishwashing soap make hair stiff and fragile. And hair will decrease by the time. That is why, hair piece saloon in my country dont use it.Never .
Shortly i am disagree with you.

I can be convinced If you want to kindly tell me why you suggest that washing hair with dishwashing soap,

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear BaldBearded, i didnt attack you,dont misunderstand me, just saying that dishwashing soap make hair stiff and fragile. And hair will decrease by the time. That is why, hair piece saloon in my country dont use it.Never .
Shortly i am disagree with you.

I can be convinced If you want to kindly tell me why you suggest that washing hair with dishwashing soap,

I can't speak for what the Turkish hair system industry does or does not do. What I can speak to is that a mild, grease-removing detergent like "Dawn" or "Fairy Liquid" is used to remove the residue from the results of using C-22. Afterwards the systems are shampooed and conditioned, normally.

This is done world wide, and you will find many threads about it here, and other places.

I have dozens of clients and I have been trained by top hair system professionals in both Madrid and London (I have the certificates to prove it, and they both, on occasion, will use dish-washing liquid on hair systems. So you can disagree all you like, but the idea that dishwashing liquid will make hair stiff and fragile is absurd.

This is my last comment on this issue.