Clarification using dutasteride and finasteride while storing sperm?

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the case of the guy who posted that horror story, it might not have been the finasteride that caused the birth defect. Correlation does not necessarily imply causation. Thousands of other men (including myself) have had healthy male and female children while using finasteride. However, some guys do choose to stop using finasteride when having a child just to avoid any possible risks, however slim the risks may be.

Last edited:

nico76

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Cryptorchidism is a common and treatable condition in which one or both testicles does not drop into the scrotal sac while a male fetus is developing"
Given the above quote stating that cryptorchidism is not a rare condition regardless of finasteride use, it stands to reason that from huge number of men worldwide taking finasteride that this would occasionally occur amongst the children of finasteride users. I can't see a link between finasteride and cryptorchidism.

Last edited:

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah... or it MIGHT EXACTLY be the cause.

Do you want to take the chance?
Read Nico76's post above about cryptorchidism.

I don't think it is likely that finasteride was the cause, especially in view of a study that was done which indicated that the level of finasteride in a man's semen that is available for vaginal absorption is 750 times lower than the minimum concentration that is believed to have a chance of causing birth defects.

However, although I personally decided to stay on finasteride while having a child (a little boy who is healthy), that doesn't mean other guys necessarily should too. You have to do what you feel comfortable with.

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This story is completely retarded - the son is born with a not uncommon condition and the mother and father immediately separate, a move guaranteed to cause more trauma and affect the well being of the baby.