Cipla Fincar users, Please chime in

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A couple people recently have noted here that when switching from Merck Finasteride to Cipla Fincar, they observed a significant increase in libido, which would seem to imply an increase in DHT levels. Are there more experiences like this?

Fincar users, can you relate your experiences?
Has anyone switched from Finasteride to Fincar without noticing any difference?
How has Fincar effected your libido?
How can one identify legitimate Fincar?
I know Fincar has been shown to be identical to Finasteride, but is it possible that, due to less regulations in India, Cipla has produced less effective batches?

I had just orderd some Fincar myself, but this has created some doubt in my mind, and as I cannot leave anything to chance, I have just placed an order for Proscar.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I switched over about three months ago and have not noticed anything different. If anything, my hair looks thicker than ever.

Stingray

Reaction score
I switched to fincar for 4 months and noticed the increase. And no benefits from the drug either, even at two and a half times the normal dose. Felt stuff after 2 months on Merck brand propecia however.

2 weeks on Avodart, I'm hoping to feel SOME sort of side effects because I'd hate to be a super guy with hyper hair losing powers.

DHT Man!!! Fighting crime with his incredible DHT producing powers.

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using cipla's fincar/finpecia for the last 2 years or so. Haven't noticed any diff from my prior time on propecia/proscar.

My understanding is that cipla's facilities and products meet FDA standards.

Axon

Reaction score
Dr. Reddy's stuff is good enough that Pfizer is suing him. I'd say it's legit.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How can one identify legitimate Fincar?

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using 0.5mg for the last 3 months, I've noticed a slow down of hairloss.What I received is a blistered pack with 20 white pills inside.

jah-mahican

Reaction score
thanks flux

i will try what you said,cheer's do you know the web site to where i can order it.thanks again.

jah-mahican ;-)

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
I got som generic finasteride from India (druonline).
It doesnt look like the cipladrug and its packed in some foilpaper.
The pills are white and the package reads dr reddys Finast 5mg.
I saw an article on fake internet drugs ordered from "strange" places.
The fake are often very similar to the real thing when it comes to packagin etc, and sometimes they work!!!

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
Well for a start dr reddys is a different manufactuer to cipla