Choosing The Right Surgeon/clinic, Any Advice?

daleyw84

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, thought I’d finally say hello as have been looking around the forums a while now and recently joined.

I’ve been suffering with hair loss for probably 10 years or so now and have been looking into treatments for the last two years. I’m probably Norwood 3 with some thinking in the crown also.

I’ve used minoxidil for several months but suffered really badly with headaches so decided to stop although I was responding quite well to it.

I was always against the idea of finasteride due to side effects, but two months ago starting taking daily so hoping I respond well to this to with no side effects.

In that same period I’ve been researching hair transplants and am now at a point when I need to choose a suitable surgeon.

I’ve read all the info of how important selecting a reputable surgeon is but budget is important. I can almost rule out Feriduni, Lupanzula and Bis-sanga all who have quoted in excess of 8k. I’ve had consultations in the UK, which have not been the best experiences which encouraged me to look abroad. So having all but ruled out the above I’m debating over the following:

Dr Acar – awaiting quote, package prices listed on site. Have seen a few reviews and results look good too.

Dr Demirsoy – lots of positive reviews on here and results look impressive. Recommended 3000-3500 grafts at 1.25 euro . graft

Hair of Istanbul – great results on Instagram and have spoken to Jeremy McConnell who said good things and looks to have had a great hair and beard transplant. Quoted £3100 maximum grafts (this puts me off slightly)

Dr Sikos (Budapest) – initial discussions good, has good results on website but can’t find many reviews. Listed is IAHRS and very competitive pricing, have formal consultation on Friday

I have a friend heading out to Istanbul in October and his seeing Dr Cinik and has been quoted 2090 for 3900 grafts. Mixed reviews, I’ve read Dr Cinik used to work at Cosmedica too who have a good reputation.

Any advice welcome :)

daleyw84

My Regimen
Reaction score
In addition to this I have recently been in touch with Dr Karadeniz who quoted £2300 for a 'session' of between 4000-5000 hairs as opposed to grafts? A little further research into the Dr shows that he did have some endorsement from @JoeTillman and was also on the IAHRS members list but is no more.

Anyone had any experience of Dr Karadeniz?

Buzzer247

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm look at Acar and Erdogan in Turkey as well. I'm Norwood 6/7 so my results will be limited and the only 2 drs in Turkey to the honest with me about what i can realistically expect are those 2 so far. I'll need extraction from beard as well as ky donor area is limited.

daleyw84

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm look at Acar and Erdogan in Turkey as well. I'm Norwood 6/7 so my results will be limited and the only 2 drs in Turkey to the honest with me about what i can realistically expect are those 2 so far. I'll need extraction from beard as well as ky donor area is limited.

I've read a few posts suggesting that Erdogan's results have not been as positive most recently and that's why I have not considered him. I have had some good communication with Dr Yaman and his team recently.

Also had a consultation with Dr Sikos in Budapest on Friday, got to speak with Dr Sikos and ask a few questions. They've sent me over some formal paperwork too which is reassuring and shows some accountability not had that with any of the clinics i've dealt with in Turkey as yet (payment in cash!)

Buzzer247

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've not heard of Dr Sikos. Are the reveiws good? What is pricing like? It's disappointing that something as simple and standard as "paperwork" is absent from nearly every clinic in Turkey I've been in touch with.

daleyw84

My Regimen
Reaction score
There aren't many reviews I can find but results I have seen are good, check out his website too. Dr Sikos is a IAHRS member and is recommended by Spex. Pricing is very competitive as well!

I think the lack of paperwork means no traceability and therefore no accountability which is why most ask for payment in cash. However, thousands do it and i've seen some great results from Drs in Turkey.

It's a minefield o_O

Kiwiaustrian

My Regimen
Reaction score
There aren't many reviews I can find but results I have seen are good, check out his website too. Dr Sikos is a IAHRS member and is recommended by Spex. Pricing is very competitive as well!

I think the lack of paperwork means no traceability and therefore no accountability which is why most ask for payment in cash. However, thousands do it and i've seen some great results from Drs in Turkey.

It's a minefield o_O
RE AEK
I had my hair transplant with him 11 months ago. can only say its incredible the difference. I am extremely happy with the outcome.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IAHRS member and is recommended by Spex

Spex is a paid shill who did his transplant in a dog sh*t clinic (The Harley St Hair Clinic). Would ignore anything him or Joe Tillman have to said, both fraudsters.

Michael Bate

My Regimen
Reaction score
Spex is a paid shill who did his transplant in a dog sh*t clinic (The Harley St Hair Clinic). Would ignore anything him or Joe Tillman have to said, both fraudsters.
Can you elaborate? Joe Tillman appears to be very knowledgeable. Why do you think they are not to be trusted? What do you think to the clinics they recommend? What do you consider the good clinics? Total minefield. Just don’t know who to trust or which reviews to believe :-(

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you elaborate? Joe Tillman appears to be very knowledgeable. Why do you think they are not to be trusted? What do you think to the clinics they recommend? What do you consider the good clinics? Total minefield. Just don’t know who to trust or which reviews to believe :-(

Joe Tillman and Spex are nothing more than paid influencers, their whole business is to advertise clinics to the uninformed masses, such as yourself. They are not medically trained and I wouldn't put them at the higher end of the IQ scale either.

They are getting paid by clinics to market them to people who don't know any better and most don't. So why the f*** would you trust that. They themselves would admit that their opinion is biased.

Here's my list based on a lot of research and being somewhat autistic. [I in the end did my with B isanga.]
Brussels - B isanga, Feriduni, Lupanzula.(likely around 3.5 euros/graft)
Cyprus - Maras.
Athens - B isanga and Cole clinic. (slightly cheaper than Brussels)
Turkey - Keser, Cosmedica, (possibly Cinik, HLC). Some of the prices are online. Be careful with some Turkish clinics.
Mexico - Nader (cheaper than europe and the US and an excellent surgeon)
Canada - Rahal, Hasson and Wong (more experienced on FUT)
Spain - Couto, Lorenzo, Freitas. (Couto is expensive but probably the world's best)

6 month process: decide on a budget,do your research here and everywhere else online, ignore the paid shills, get a list of 5 or so and do consultations via skype or otherwise see what their opinion is about grafts and hair design. Come to some sort of decision, before pulling the trigger research again.

Good luck.

Michael Bate

My Regimen
Reaction score
Joe Tillman and Spex are nothing more than paid influencers, their whole business is to advertise clinics to the uninformed masses, such as yourself. They are not medically trained and I wouldn't put them at the higher end of the IQ scale either.

They are getting paid by clinics to market them to people who don't know any better and most don't. So why the f*** would you trust that. They themselves would admit that their opinion is biased.

Here's my list based on a lot of research and being somewhat autistic. [I in the end did my with B isanga.]
Cyprus - Maras.
Turkey - Keser, Cosmedica, (possibly Cinik, HLC). Some of the prices are online. Be careful with some Turkish clinics.
Spain - Couto, Lorenzo, Freitas. (Couto is expensive but probably the world's best)

6 month process: decide on a budget,do your research here and everywhere else online, ignore the paid shills, get a list of 5 or so and do consultations via skype or otherwise see what their opinion is about grafts and hair design. Come to some sort of decision, before pulling the trigger research again.

Good luck.
Thanks. I really appreciate the time you have taken to reply. I’m trying to do as much research as possible as it’s a big step and so
Important to get the right team to do the work

Jbatts77

My Regimen
Reaction score

Cyprus - Maras.

Good luck.

Seriously, Mexico?

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Cyprus - Maras.

Good luck.

Agree with almost all your surgeons except Mexico. Mexico is a flat out no if you want to be as cautious as possible.

I agree that Tillman is not a medical doctor and I’m not sure I agree with the the amount of trust people put in his opinions, although spex in my opinion has a lot of experience and is a trustworthy guy.

Dr Maras, Dr B I s a n g a, and Dr Fereduni among a few others are The top in Europe in my opinion.

HLV

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I really appreciate the time you have taken to reply. I’m trying to do as much research as possible as it’s a big step and so
Important to get the right team to do the work

As already mentioned by the previous poster, Dr Maras would be my number one choice in Europe in my opinion. Extremely skilled, extremely ethical and he takes the utmost care to avoid scarring and over harvesting.

HLV

Roquefort

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair of Istanbul – great results on Instagram and have spoken to Jeremy McConnell who said good things and looks to have had a great hair and beard transplant. Quoted £3100 maximum grafts (this puts me off slightly)

This is strange. I received a quote of $6000 for a session by Dr. Yavuz Gunes just last week.

daleyw84

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is strange. I received a quote of $6000 for a session by Dr. Yavuz Gunes just last week.

Yes I heard varying stories!

I’m two weeks post-op today. Went with Dr Resul Yaman in the end, great experience so far, will get round to doing a full write up soon