Choosing hair transplant Surgeons For My Next Surgery

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello lads,

I am currently in the process of selecting surgeons for my next hair transplant (hairline only).

I am to choose between Erdogan (Asmed) and Oztan (better known as HLC hairline clinic).

In terms of costs, they charge about the same 2.5 & 3 EUR per graft.

Both seem to be really good at what they do, although Erdogan is mentioned almost always among the top 5 hair transplant surgeons.

The reason I am still undecided is that Erdogan quotes sh*t load of grafts, usually twice other hair transplant surgeons would do and nurses perform harvesting as well as seeding (he does incisions) + do over 1500 grafts a day.

At HLC, only qualified surgeons perform a hair transplant and they only do about 1500 graft a day (maximum).

The downside is that there is not much of a word about HLC on this forum and Erdogan is probably the first hair transplant surgeon recommended when it comes to Turkey.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Well . I have seen some of HLC result on internet and they are really good result , but I have seen much more documented result by Erdogan , To be honest there is a possibility that it could be some doctors in some other countries ( Like India ) , and even better than top notch doctors , but because we don't know them or we don't see any documented result from them its hard to judge , The main point is our judgment based on the internet , we don't have time and we don't have a chance to visit patient by patient of every doctor , However what it is important for me is the outcome of result , for instance Dr.Konior do all the steps by himself and do not let the technician to place the grafts , thats great but what is more important for me is the final result , I personally prefer Rahal and hasson and wong over Konior , So those details are not going to count .
Back to your question , I think both makes good result and its kind of tough to chose one and I know Erdogan goes up to 2800 grafts a day ( I have talked with them ) , however I have seen more result of Erdogan on internet , So if I was you I would chose the one who has the most documented result which is Erdogan , and as you mentioned , when it comes to Turkey the Erdogan is the first which is recommended .

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
How did you narrow it to these two? Was it based on cost?

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Well . I have seen some of HLC result on internet and they are really good result , but I have seen much more documented result by Erdogan , To be honest there is a possibility that it could be some doctors in some other countries ( Like India ) , and even better than top notch doctors , but because we don't know them or we don't see any documented result from them its hard to judge , The main point is our judgment based on the internet , we don't have time and we don't have a chance to visit patient by patient of every doctor , However what it is important for me is the outcome of result , for instance Dr.Konior do all the steps by himself and do not let the technician to place the grafts , thats great but what is more important for me is the final result , I personally prefer Rahal and hasson and wong over Konior , So those details are not going to count .
Back to your question , I think both makes good result and its kind of tough to chose one and I know Erdogan goes up to 2800 grafts a day ( I have talked with them ) , however I have seen more result of Erdogan on internet , So if I was you I would chose the one who has the most documented result which is Erdogan , and as you mentioned , when it comes to Turkey the Erdogan is the first which is recommended .

Thanks a lot for your reply will take into account :)

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
How did you narrow it to these two? Was it based on cost?

Mostly cost, but also results I found on various forums... I can go up to 7 500 EUR (about 2500 grafts) for the hair transplant + tickets, hotel etc.

The bottom line is the quote I am to receive from both and I believe Erdogan is gonna go for overkill, but we shall see.

This is what I found on HLC's website, I am pretty much similar case :) (perhaps a bit better as I had my temples filled already, but need more density).

http://www.hairtransplantcenter-turkey.com/fue-hair-transplant-result-2022-grafts-hlc-dense-packing/

Still slightly undecided, but I plan it for September 2017 and thus plenty of time still left to consider my options.

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
I would urge you to save more money if you're basing your decisions on cost.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would urge you to save more money if you're basing your decisions on cost.

just curious if cost and travel was not a problem--who do you recommend?

I dont need one at this time i am just curious.

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
just curious if cost and travel was not a problem--who do you recommend?

I dont need one at this time i am just curious.

Lorenzo, Vila, ********, Konior, Chueco, Couto, Lupanzula off the top of my head for FUE.

For FUT: Konior, Gabel, Shapiro

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
To me the best are these in order : 1- Rahal 2- Hasson 3- Erdogan 4-baubac hayatdavoudi 5-Feller 6- Feriduni
I think the Shapiro , Konior and even feller were over rated on the forums. When I see many of the other surgeons work , I would get disappointed to the hair transplant , But those 6 that I have mentioned above were the only who catches my eyes , and in Some or most cases can't even tell if the patient has done the surgery. And when I say good result , I mean something like this
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/b...ategory-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
To me the best are these in order : 1- Rahal 2- Hasson 3- Erdogan 4-baubac hayatdavoudi 5-Feller 6- Feriduni
I think the Shapiro , Konior and even feller were over rated on the forums. When I see many of the other surgeons work , I would get disappointed to the hair transplant , But those 6 that I have mentioned above were the only who catches my eyes , and in Some or most cases can't even tell if the patient has done the surgery. And when I say good result , I mean something like this
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/b...ategory-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

That is really impressive transplant

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends how much donor you have and how stable your loss is. Erdogan will use more grafts than anyone else but his result speaks for themselves.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

Great result, but I'm wondering if he should have had his temple points brought in more. @shookwun has made me very aware of people neglecting the temple points when they get hairline work done, and I'm realizing aesthetically it is a noticeable difference for sure

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
That's exactly the number of grafts you need as well. Covering the front half is around 3500 grafts. Excellent result.
Yes your right my friend , I have Quoted 4000 grafts by all of Hasson , Rahal and Erdogan by pictures , actually the link I have posted is my ideal hair transplant , Although Armani has bad repetitive , but I think Hayatdavoudi do great jobs and this is the ideal result regardless of who is the surgeon .

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Great result, but I'm wondering if he should have had his temple points brought in more. @shookwun has made me very aware of people neglecting the temple points when they get hairline work done, and I'm realizing aesthetically it is a noticeable difference for sure

I have reviewed the pictures again ,Actually the temple could be more dense , By the way If I didn't know , I still couldn't figure that out the guy had a hair transplant though , However I believe Temple is one of the hardest area for hair transplant for grafts to be grown , I maybe wrong.

ztoz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello lads,

I am currently in the process of selecting surgeons for my next hair transplant (hairline only).

I am to choose between Erdogan (Asmed) and Oztan (better known as HLC hairline clinic).

In terms of costs, they charge about the same 2.5 & 3 EUR per graft.

Both seem to be really good at what they do, although Erdogan is mentioned almost always among the top 5 hair transplant surgeons.

The reason I am still undecided is that Erdogan quotes sh*t load of grafts, usually twice other hair transplant surgeons would do and nurses perform harvesting as well as seeding (he does incisions) + do over 1500 grafts a day.

At HLC, only qualified surgeons perform a hair transplant and they only do about 1500 graft a day (maximum).

The downside is that there is not much of a word about HLC on this forum and Erdogan is probably the first hair transplant surgeon recommended when it comes to Turkey.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

ztoz

My Regimen
Reaction score
The difference between a surgeon and an assistant who does a bad hair transplant job is that an assistant who does a bad can usually be sacked by the surgeon and they might not have many other work options but a surgeon who does a bad job is not likely to sack himself and a surgeon usually has many other medical work options if they get tired of hair transplanting and wish to pursue other forms of medical work .
Hair transplanting can be a very repetitive job so a good hair transplant surgeon with a good team of assistants maybe able to get the job done much quickier and better and the surgeon would not be put under too much pressure while trying to do every major procedure without enough staff .