Child Wish (dutasteride, Ru58841 Regime )

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a man of almost 34 and I am currently using dutasteride already 3-4 years. I also use RU58841 combination with minoxidil. I want to 1-2 years to start with children. I know that dutasteride is possibly dangerous when you start to conceive a child. Stories go around the genitals. Also, the swimmers greatly reduced sperm. But what about RU58841? What is known about this? And if I stop taking dutasteride .. what should I do to still keep my hair? I'm very much with this. I hope someone can help me. thanks

g.i joey

Reaction score
Find out how long it takes dutasteride and ru to leave your system. Try for a kid once the drugs are completely out.

You're bringing a kid into this world, please be conscious of that and make sure your body is clean of finasteride/dutasteride, I know there's no real harm in conceiving while on these, but this is the route I'd take when I'm ready to have kids.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to take any risks and dropped finasteride while trying to conceive. Maintened minoxidil tho. Resumed finasteride after

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to take any risks and dropped finasteride while trying to conceive. Maintened minoxidil tho. Resumed finasteride after
Do you loose lot of hair on only minoxidil?

jb5

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did, backtrack hard on just minoxidil. But shure it gives me no sides so ill just always use it, no complaints.

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
@ryan82

Many drugs can be carried through semen to another person, but the amount is typically very very low. I don't know about dutasteride, but with finasteride an amount equal to 600x less than the no effect dose was measured in semen of some men in a 6wk study. The amounts and odds are very small. I wouldn't f*** around personally. I would personally stay off dutasteride for 3 months before trying to have kids.

See this document from US FDA
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/020788s018lbl.pdf

I don't know about RU, but again I wouldn't risk it. 3 month wash out as well if I was in your shoes.

How has dutasteride been for your hair loss?

Last edited:

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
Find out how long it takes dutasteride and ru to leave your system. Try for a kid once the drugs are completely out.

You're bringing a kid into this world, please be conscious of that and make sure your body is clean of finasteride/dutasteride, I know there's no real harm in conceiving while on these, but this is the route I'd take when I'm ready to have kids.
I googled it, and it is about 6 months in blood. I will keep this in mind. Do you also know that RU also comes in blood? Because it is topically.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
@ryan82

Many drugs can be carried through semen to another person, but the amount is typically very very low. I don't know about dutasteride, but with finasteride an amount equal to 600x less than the no effect dose was measured in semen of some men in a 6wk study. The amounts and odds are very small. I wouldn't f*** around personally. I would personally stay off dutasteride for 3 months before trying to have kids.

See this document from US FDA
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/020788s018lbl.pdf

I don't know about RU, but again I wouldn't risk it. 3 month wash out as well if I was in your shoes.

How has dutasteride been for your hair loss?
Hi thanks for your answer! Dutasteride is for me the best against hair loss. I have also regrow. It is a heavy med. Libido decreases and maybe depressions. I quit with dutasteride about 3-4 years ago, then my hair fell out like hell..

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
The only effects the drug will have on the fetus is if the woman consumes or touches it. She would have to physically puncture the capsule for that to even happen. It will take a good 2 to 3 months for it to clear out of your system at 0.5mg due to it's long half life. "6 weeks". If you are taking a higher daily dose it will take even longer. If you do go this route there will be nothing you can do to prevent a telogen effluvium. It will happen regardless due to the hormonal changes, and you'll be at it all over again when you resume your regimen. Don't take what we have to say, this is your child and I would consult your physician before you conceive.
Thanks for your clear answer :) I have a question. I read that some people having trouble with the amount of "swimmers" in sperm. Also after they stop with dutasteride. Do you know more about this. That is what i concern the most :(

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're bringing a kid into this world, please be conscious of that and make sure your body is clean of finasteride/dutasteride,.

Vincent would be proud brah :')

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you loose lot of hair on only minoxidil?

I was 1mg finasteride everyday, foam every morning. Switched to foam every morning only, for 11 months

Yes, I lost some hair gradually, not at once. Minoxidil hold some ground. But yes, it is noticeable.

I now upgraded the regimen: 1mg everyday, foam morning, liquid night, nizoral every 6 days. I notice some temple vellus hair sprouting..

Regarding swimmers, I did a spermogram after quitting and no problem at all.

Last edited: