chihuahua's Story

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
i don't know about hair transplants, but maybe I can expalin why there's weightgain from propecia. Reducing DHT in the body generates an extra release of testosterone. Aromatase is the enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of androgens (androstenedione, testosterone) to estrogens. It also is found in certain areas of the brain in high concentration (often in conjunction with 5-alpha reductase).DHT and estrogens often run side by side

In men testosterone is also the primary substrate for the synthesis of estradiol (a potent estrogen). In normal physiological levels estradiol production does not produce noticeable changes to the physique. However when testosterone levels become exaggerated due to heavy supplementation, it may potentially increase the deposition of body fat, tissue fluid retention and possibly stimulate the growth of female breast tissue (gynecomastia). When athletes use testosterone in moderate amounts these side effects are typically not noticed. Again however, their possibility does place a limit on the dosing of testosterone without some form of ancillary drug to combat these side effects. For this reason testosterone is often used as a base in a steroid cycle, to be stacked with agents less apt to convert to estrogens.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
so if reducing dht levels in the body increases testosterone levels..y do propecia users sometimes experience loss of libido?

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
youngguy_uk said:
so if reducing dht levels in the body increases testosterone levels..y do propecia users sometimes experience loss of libido?

DHT is a more potent hormone than Testosterone.Both types of DHT are found residing in high stimulation environments. Type 1 is found in the skin and central nervous system. Type 2 develops a boy's genitals into a mans, and then keeps expanding the prostate through adulthood, it is also responsible for hairloss.In my opinion, in some men DHT still plays an important part in both libido and erectile strength throughout adulthood, as we know that both of these area's require a strong stimulant, so it's not insane to think that DHT could play a part in this in some men.

Jack

chihuahua

Reaction score
Porpecia = chemical castration...?

So it seems that, in the case of the propecia, my choices are either take the propecia and get fat and impotent...with (maybe) some new hair..
or, stop taking the propecia and get balder but stay in shape with the ability to keep it up and want to keep it up..
Let me think about it.. :freaked:

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's all bad, i mean it increases your testosteone levels slightly. some men experience the negative effect's of libido. If your on the pill you'llknow yourself weather it's effecting you this way or not, in any case the side effects will dissappear after discontinuing use. using the evidence of the clinical trials it seems to be a drug that generally well tolerated.

What I meant by DHT been potent was that, in my opinion some men continue to use this hormone for libido, most of it's usefullness largley dissappears after puberty. But again it's what works for you, you should give it some time before making a decision to stop taking it.

chihuahua

Reaction score
I've had enough of the Propecia

the side effects are extreme for me. I took it for six weeks and lost all interest in sex. For all intents and purposes it acted like chemical castration (for me)..I'm glad it does not affect everyone that way - a shame...finally able to grow hair on your head ( if your intentions are to attract women) and then you can't do anything with them.. (awww..let's just eat popcorn and watch movies honey..)
Previous to ingesting the propecia I was fully functional sexually with (possibly) higher than normal urges for my age. I'd rather be able to have sex with a woman who likes me - balding pate and all than have a head full of hair and disappointed lovers..
hey, lifes hard enough without sweating that out..

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on the stuff 10 weeks now, for the first 6 weeks my libido went crazy, just as bad if not worse than I was a teenager. I feel now that on week 10 it has fallen again, I don't mean my interest in sex but the length of time my erections last.
Strangely enough this fall in libido happened when I tryed a bit of v****, maybe it knocked me out of killter for a while. I guess v**** and propecia don't mix well with me. I'm going to give the propecia a little more time before I make up my mind about discontinuing use, as I feel my body is still jumping around a bit.