Chicago Train College Kid. Almost Told Him "finasteride"

Dsport

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was really conflicted last week. My heart just went out to this kid. I can get very emotional sometimes.

About 20, but looked 16. Near a major college. He just had a very vulnerable look to him, kind of like
your kid brother who is struggling to find his place in the world. He was about 5-6 and quite thin, more artistic than athletic.

Sat right in front of me, and had MAJOR diffuse thinning in the back, and his hairline was receded back significantly (and diffusing fast).

He wasnt doing the ballcap thing. Which surprised. Since he was a college guy and they all wear them anyway.

I wanted to hand him a slip of paper asking him if he needed to talk sometime, about this forum, and to recommend treatment.

I just can see where this kid is headed. It would have caused him embarassment I realized, so i said nothing.

Last edited:

Quickstrike

Established Member
Reaction score
I just can see where this kid is headed. It would have caused him embarassment I realized, so i said nothing.

Depends how bald you are. I have told numerous random people about Finasteride, but I am noticeably balding.. so I just let them know that I only brought it up because it is something that I am currently battling, and I notice even the smallest amount of hair loss in other people now.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can help someone in need, and it won't cost you anything, then you should. I've told a few guys. Some embarrassed and almost blanked me and others were very appreciative.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly?
If he were interested in a treatment, how long do you think it would have taken to an Internet-generation kid to find the finasteride option?

Dsport

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Point taken. Some guys just really dont care.

But then again, there is a "shame" factor about the process. Maybe he has never met anyone he can talk to.

Granted, starting a conversation on a train about male pattern baldness is not easyl.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Point taken. Some guys just really dont care.

But then again, there is a "shame" factor about the process. Maybe he has never met anyone he can talk to.

Granted, starting a conversation on a train about male pattern baldness is not easyl.

What if he's already on finasteride though ?

Did he have long hair or was the thinning really that bad ?

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was really conflicted last week. My heart just went out to this kid. I can get very emotional sometimes.

About 20, but looked 16. Near a major college. He just had a very vulnerable look to him, kind of like
your kid brother who is struggling to find his place in the world. He was about 5-6 and quite thin, more artistic than athletic.

Sat right in front of me, and had MAJOR diffuse thinning in the back, and his hairline was receded back significantly (and diffusing fast).

He wasnt doing the ballcap thing. Which surprised. Since he was a college guy and they all wear them anyway.

I wanted to hand him a slip of paper asking him if he needed to talk sometime, about this forum, and to recommend treatment.

Telk him to shave it , start smoking , take steroids and get a sea anchor tatooed on his kneck.