chewbacca's story (pics included)

chewbacca

Reaction score
so i've been a member here for a few months and have always lurked around browsing other people's stories - some encouraging, some discouraging. i finally got around to uploading some pics, so here's my intro to go along with it.

i started noticing that my hair was thinning about a year and a half ago. at first i thought it was just stress - i'm in sales so i've got plenty of that. after the damn stuff just kept falling out i even thought about finding another job. the hair and it remaining on my head is not TOO big of an issue for me, but if there's something i can do to prevent its falling out, i'd like to give it a shot. i only get self-concious about my hair loss when i strike up a conversation with someone and they glance up at my hair line. i suppose it's not too common to see someone who is 26 experiencing a receding hairline?

fortunately i ran across this site back in november when i was searching for a place to reorder a product i had been taking for a while pitched as a generic version of avacor. i ordered finasteride (generic) immediately and began treatment around 11-20-04. the pics i have are from 12-20-04 when i hadn't noticed any change one way or the other. since then, i've experienced quite a bit of shedding, and my hair seems a lot thinner than it did back then. i'll keep plugging away though (pun intended).

waiting patiently for results,
chewie

Goingat20

Reaction score
hey dude
i would suggest nizoral 2-3 a week and maybe have a look into some toppik im sure that will do the trick

Keep at it

chewbacca

Reaction score
i style my hair in a 'caesar' fashion. always have, even before the hair loss. before the thinning hair however, i would style it with a wet look. now my hair just looks too thin when wet, so i style it somewhat dry. the toppik is intended to fill in the hair somewhat, thus concealing the scalp, isn't it? this isn't so much a problem when the hair is dry. i'm not so ready to consider cosmetic (toppik, transplants, hairpieces) solutions...

additionally, i'm not too clear on what the nizoral acheives. isn't this just for scalp itching or does it provide additional support for the finasteride

Bismarck

Reaction score
Nizoral is mainly used to keep the scalp in good health and to prevent (minoxidil-) itching. The main incredient (Ketoconalozole) has also antiandrogenic properties so it *might* help to treat male pattern baldness.

Atlas

Reaction score
your hair looks nearly identical to mine, consider yourself lucky I'm only 19. Keep us updated on your progress, I'm curious to how treatments work on your stage of hairloss.

G

atlas... I used to have chewbaccy style hair, I really advise you to get on the finasteride/min AS SOON AS YOU CAN

I think because we are younger we have more chance of getting it back :-D