Chemical Peels To Support Hair Regrowth

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would try if I didn't do other experiments. TCA is available and doing a deep peel st 30% to regenerate skin and cells seems a good idea.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
TCA on the scalp could be too harsh. I’d start off with a glycolic peel. I have heard in the past that they could work but never tried.

Sweuser

Reaction score
I've seen it for areata, not Androgenetic Alopecia. What's the theory? Induction of collagen production??

Sweuser

Reaction score
I guess it's possible to increase absorption of topicals when used go create microdermabrasion. Deeper layer i'm not sure of the benefets for Androgenetic Alopecia.

"Among topical immunotherapeutic agents, 88% phenol peel is a contact irritant8 that induces epidermal coagulation "therapeutic wounding" and can halt the immune attack on anagen hairs through provoking antigenic competition and immunomodulation.9 It is an affordable office procedure, yet it can lead to cardiotoxicity and other systemic toxicities within hours when applied over large areas.10,11 QTc prolongation may get further prolonged with phenol.12 Therefore, expertise and proper patient monitoring are a must. Likewise, trichloroacetic acid (TCA) peel causes epidermal and dermal coagulation as well as collagen necrosis13 with subsequent release of various inflammatory cytokines and growth factors such as platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF).14"

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jocd.13465