Check out this article from The New York Times

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I've seen, you can PLAN ON transplants to reverse about two whole Norwood levels. Three levels if you're wealthy and lucky. That's it.

Yeah, there are many cases of more. But those usually happened with compromises and/or good luck. Their hair characteristics were ideal. They were one of the surgeon's best results ever. They still have some temple recession & visible crown thinning. They still wear concealers and avoid bright sunlight. They've been on Dutasteride for years and hated every minute of it. Etc.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I've seen, you can PLAN ON transplants to reverse about two whole Norwood levels. Three levels if you're wealthy and lucky. That's it.

Yeah, there are many cases of more. But those usually happened with compromises and/or good luck. Their hair characteristics were ideal. They were one of the surgeon's best results ever. They still have some temple recession & visible crown thinning. They still wear concealers and avoid bright sunlight. They've been on Dutasteride for years and hated every minute of it. Etc.
Joe Tillman went from NW6.5 to a NW2-3 with some crown thinning, and he has pretty fine hair. Sure it's not a full thick head of hair but if you're already bordering on a NW7 I think you'd be super grateful to get to return to that level.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Joe Tillman went from NW6.5 to a NW2-3 with some crown thinning, and he has pretty fine hair. Sure it's not a full thick head of hair but if you're already bordering on a NW7 I think you'd be super grateful to get to return to that level.

That still backs up what I'm saying, though. Joe Tillman's results are arguably better than average and he still has visible crown thinning.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
That still backs up what I'm saying, though. Joe Tillman's results are arguably better than average and he still has visible crown thinning.
Yeah but if you're a NW6-7 you're likely gonna be over the moon over only having some thinning in the back and some temple recession