Cheap place to buy Proscar?

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

where is the CHEAPEST place I can buy some Proscar?

thanks for any info

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats the cheapest I've seen too and they have an offer going on now. Annoying cos I bought some at full price a week ago:(

PJohn

Reaction score
Not sure where you guys all live but the cheapest place I've found to get real, brand-name Proscar in Canada is at Costco - $57 for 30. Got some there yestarday. This even beats the price of many of the online pharmacies.

PJohn

Reaction score
joeylloyd said:
Well the site above has 30 proscar for $42 at the moment....

True, but if you add in the $15 for shipping then Costco is less expensive. Note also the $57 is Canadian dollars.

For me personally the extra peace of mind that comes with buying this stuff from a brick-and-mortar pharmacy (especially since I'm just starting with my regimen) is comforting. Also, you don't have to wait a few weeks for the shipment to arrive, and no worries of shipments being seized by customs.

Of course, this is only of benefit to people who live within driving distance of a Costco here in Canada. Not sure if they do internet orders. Also, a prescription is required.

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah that is true. what is costco a supermarket chain?

Since the site I mentioned charge a flat fee and offer a discount for bulk orders it still works out ahead quite easily. Still each to his own - I was surprised they can sell proscar for so little but I guess these big retailers mark their products up a lot.

PJohn

Reaction score
joeylloyd said:
what is costco a supermarket chain?

That's right - one of the bigger chains in North America in fact. They're one of those discount type chains where you pay an annual membership fee and buy stuff in bulk.

I read somewhere in another thread that the Canadian gov subsidises Proscar - perhaps that explains the low price. I have since seen that most Canadian based online pharmacies sell for about the same price and lower.

Back In Time

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they are a "wherehouse" store, where you buy things in bulk. It's where i buy my Rogaine, that's where the "Kirkland" brand comes from, it's the Costco brand. There is Kirkland dishwashing liquid, Kirkland toilet tissue, etc, along with the normal brands. The Kirkland brand of anything is usually a bit cheaper than the others. Pretty much everything you buy at Costco comes in huge amounts....You can't buy 4 rolls of toilet tissue, you buy 50 rolls at a discount, for example.

At their stores (at least around here), you can only buy Kirkland Rogaine in packs of 4 bottles, but it only costs around $18 total.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey PJohn,

I also live in toronto... which costco do u buys yours at? or do u know if they sell proscar at all costco locations? do u also buy other hair products there too (i.e. minoxidil)? And how much is the membership?

Sorry for all the questions.... I'm just getting a little POed right now cuz I ordered my first batch of Fincar online almost a month ago and it still hasn't arrived (I assume our stingy Canadian customs had something to do w/ it)..... It would be great if I could get some cheap proscar/fincar without having to deal with customs...

PJohn

Reaction score
Kalbo, I got mine from the Scarborough store, near Warden and Ellesmere.

Not sure if they have 5% Kirklands minoxidil since I ordered that from eBay a few days before, so I didn't bother looking for it. I did notice by pure chance on my way out that they sell Nizoral, so odds are they'll have minoxidil too. Membership is around $50 a year, which is pretty good especially if you shop there a lot, like I do.

The pharmacist explained to me exactly how to use Proscar and was very professional about it. Clearly, he's knowledgable about the drug and it's various uses, especially since my prescription stated to take the drug in 1/4's. He immediately knew what it was for. I also got a pill cutter from them for $5.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Oops, I thought I already replied back a while ago...

So would u recommend me buying from costco and pay for the $50 membership (even though I probably won't buy anything else there) or do u know if there's another place to get cheap finasteride in toronto/scarborough?....

Also, I was wondering if u went to a walk-in-clinic to get the prescription? I prefer not to go to my family doctor because I can guarantee he'll just tell me to accept my baldness and not give me a prescription. So if u did go to a walk-in-clinic, can u tell me which one? Or maybe u know of another doctor who can prescribe it in the Scarborough area?

Again, sorry for all the questions.... I'm just getting a little restless cuz my finasteride still hasn't arrived via mail (and the place where I ordered it from is telling me to sit tight and be patient.... but damn, it's been a freakin month and my hairline isn't getting any better!!... lol)

PJohn

Reaction score
kalbo said:
Oops, I thought I already replied back a while ago...
So would u recommend me buying from costco and pay for the $50 membership (even though I probably won't buy anything else there) or do u know if there's another place to get cheap finasteride in toronto/scarborough?....

If you won't be shopping there often, it's probably not worth getting membership at Costco just for this. If you factor in the membership fee, other pharmacies will probably work out cheaper. Proscar seems to be fairly cheap in Canada in general.

kalbo said:
Also, I was wondering if u went to a walk-in-clinic to get the prescription?

Yes, I went to the walk-in clinic on Marlee Avenue, and simply explained to the doctor there that the reason I'm looking for Proscar specifically is because it's a hell of a lot cheaper than Propecia. He knew all about it and I had my prescription in no time.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks PJohn,

I wasn't too sure if doctors at walk-in-clinics around here can prescribe proscar for people going bald, so it's good to know that they actually can.... and hopefully shoppers drug mart sells some cheap proscar too.