changing from propecia to generic Finasteride

deckard2080

Reaction score
been on propecia for a almost 4 years. thinking about chaning to generic finasteride to get it cheaper. im gonna purchase it from this site. will there be any difference. Will i get the same results?

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
just get generic finasteride from a usa pharmacy, i pay 10 bucks a month. y worry all year about finasteride you get from overseas when usa pharmacies now have generic.

plastictrees

Reaction score
I asked my pharmacist and they said there is no generic 1 mg finasteride in the U.S.. there is only the brand name Propecia that is sold by Merck. I looked it up, and if this Wiki is correct, then they will have that patent until Nov. 2013.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride#Generic_versions

If there is a generic version in the U.S., I would like to know about it. Please reply with information.

ali777

Reaction score
Cilpa produces generic 1mg finasteride and the brand name for that is Finpecia. That's what I use now.

plastictrees

Reaction score
phish said:
just get generic finasteride from a usa pharmacy, i pay 10 bucks a month. y worry all year about finasteride you get from overseas when usa pharmacies now have generic.

I should have clarified: there is no generic 1mg finasteride (generic Propecia) sold in the U.S. - only the 5mg dosage, which is a generic for Proscar.

ali777 said:
Cilpa produces generic 1mg finasteride and the brand name for that is Finpecia. That's what I use now.

Cipla is a drug company in India, and is not approved by the FDA to sell its products in the U.S. It may very well be produced to the same standards, but it's not available through a U.S. pharmacy, as Merck has a patent for the 1mg dosage of finasteride through November, 2013 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride#Generic_versions). It appears that several people on here purchase their products with successful results though. Thanks for the tip. I will look into them.

Epiphany

Reaction score
Look, what is the big mystery? United Pharmacies - 1mg Finpecia - just bloody well buy it, save money, give the almighty Merck the finger, and be done with it!!!!

Good luck.

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
I go back & forth with Propecia and Fenpecia. I find when i swith to fenpecia for 3 months my hair gets thin to a degree and feels real weak, but
i get back on Propecia my hair turns into super hair again nice and thick and stronge.
So I would have to say Propecia is a better product.

CD79

Reaction score
weezerboi18 said:
I go back & forth with Propecia and Fenpecia. I find when i swith to fenpecia for 3 months my hair gets thin to a degree and feels real weak, but
i get back on Propecia my hair turns into super hair again nice and thick and stronge.
So I would have to say Propecia is a better product.

More likely the Propecia is genuine and the Finpecia isn't. They're exactly the same thing if they're both real so there should be no difference.

Are they both from the same source?

mr_misterr

Reaction score
Why would Propecia be different to Finpecia if its the same ingredient?
A bit like a well known headache tablet and a supermarket own brand ibuprofen