Changed Finasteride Brand And Dosage (lower) 1 Year+

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for over a year now and I'm looking worse than I did last year. I don't think my hair loss has sped up, but I'm still losing ground, despite being on the drug.
I initially started out with 1.25mg/day, which I took for 10ish months. Never really noticed much sides but they still creeped up on me a little (Tense balls, anxious feeling, puffy nipples). Like many of us taking the drug I started to doubt it's working and had a little break. It felt pretty good actually and the itchiness on my scalp decreased the first week. The second week it kicked back in, pretty hard. I experimented with the dosage for a little while but wasn't satisfied.
So I went to see my dermatologist and told him I was looking for something else. He prescribed me a different brand of finasteride and that's what I'm taking right now. 0,25mg in the morning and evening, so 0,50mg/day. And guess what, I really feel like this is the real deal. I barely get an itchy scalp anymore. The sad thing is that I'm experiencing a little shed, probably because of messing with the dosage. But this is the first time I'm shedding without the itchiness, which seems like a good sign, right?
Too bad my situation has gotten so much worse, my hairline looks like sh*t and my density is only just good enough to cover my scalp.

I'm also trying to better all other aspects of my life, which might contribute, even if it's just a little. The frustrating thing is that I'm pretty fit already. male pattern baldness feels like a disease you know.

If this doesn't work out I really have to look into the last resort, a hair transplant. I'm only 23 years old, which is quite young to get one, I know. It's also expensive (to get a good one) but I can afford it.

Any opinions/thoughts would be appreciated.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
any pics?

So, lower and more constant dose of finasteride makes your scalp feel better. You think there's any chance of a bit reflect hypetandrogenicity you were going through?

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
any pics?

So, lower and more constant dose of finasteride makes your scalp feel better. You think there's any chance of a bit reflect hypetandrogenicity you were going through?

Yes, I definitely think my body started to fight finasteride after a couple months. I really hope for the best this time. I've had stable periods before and it seemed my hair thickened up a little those times, but it's so hard to tell.

I will upload some pictures tomorrow!

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I definitely think my body started to fight finasteride after a couple months. I really hope for the best this time. I've had stable periods before and it seemed my hair thickened up a little those times, but it's so hard to tell.

I will upload some pictures tomorrow!
It's kind of weird though, that you got some sides from it at the same time. Were the sides strictly mental and not sexual? Were your sex drive actually increasing?

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's kind of weird though, that you got some sides from it at the same time. Were the sides strictly mental and not sexual? Were your sex drive actually increasing?

The first few weeks after I started finasteride my sex drive increased. Now it's like 80% of what it used to be.

IMG_2718.JPG IMG_2719.JPG IMG_2720.JPG IMG_2723.JPG

Reactions: WMQ