Change of thought?

hedgehog_info

Reaction score
I have read a few posts now and then and it seems like most of the ideas out there are about how to prevent hair loss and or create an environment to help it grow. None of these remedies at first glance target adult stem cells directly. (please correct me if I am wrong)

Maybe a change of thought should occur such as maybe dig into embryonic development and actually see what controls hair follicle formation and when it starts growing after the hair follicle is formed. Around that time there should be a signal that helps to induce hair growth.

A few vital hair follicle pathways are Wnt, Notch, and Hedgehog. Just thought i would through this out in case people are getting bored with the same old DHT stuff.

A google search will bring out lots of information. Here are a couple that I found with a quick search.

http://8e.devbio.com/article.php?ch=12&id=285
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articl ... tid=408560

Cheers

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
There was a thread on HLH about a new topical Stemcelex and while I was going through the patent and looking up primary ingredients online I found one of the herb was known to activiate (or something) the Hedgehog pathway. If someone with knowledge might wanna look into it that be interesting.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
The real problem is that hair follicles are only formed in embryo.
The experiment on mouse corfirm it, they use only embryonic mice.

Armando

hedgehog_info

Reaction score
The real problem is that hair follicles are only formed in embryo.

That is the whole point. You want to learn how these follicles are formed. They are only formed because of X,Y,Z...ect signals are present during embryonic development.

Master these switches and you have potential for rapid HM, generations of infinite hair follicles, or even turn on your hair follicles on your head to regrow hair again.

michael barry

Reaction score
Hedgehog,

In the cloning protocols being worked on, dermal papilla cells are cultivated with stem cells derived from epilitheal cell population for just this reason. They are trying to recreate the environment that was present when you were a fetus for the correct signalling to give the dp cells the signalls they need to form new hairs. I imagine they will be experimenting with various stem cell populations present within the follicle. We know there are some in the arrector pilli muscle etc. Its obviously very complicated stuff.

Phase two results at ICX should be becoming available by around October though..................................it will be interesting to see if they had success with their first technique

hedgehog_info

Reaction score
Hi michael barry,

I would be interested in reading some of those protocols. Do you have access or a link to a patent?

michael barry

Reaction score
Thats from James Bond over at hairsite.com. He is the man who reads the patents and has the info. He knows much much much more about cloning minutae (did you know that rat whiskers were successfully cloned back in the damned 60's), than anyone else Ive run into online by a country mile. He's the one who told us all at hairsite about the stem cell population being found necessary to get the DP cells to multiply.

If you log onto hairsite and log queries, he'd probably link you a few of his if he sees them.