Cell Therapy, Growth Factors Or Wound Neogenesis

youngl

Reaction score
According to the informations on https://www.hairlosstalk.com/pipeline/, Shiseido, Histogen and Follica are in phase 3 and probably the next available treatments for us. The thing is these treatments are based on 3 different mechanisms, theories, science you name it, but all working for one goal to get our hair back and definitely not all these three treatments are going to give us what we are looking for (this is just my opinion and you know, we have some previous experience in treatments with the marketing tagline "the real cure" but still we are finding ways to fight our hair loss). so what are your opinions about these upcoming treatments? best out of these 3? which one make sense? which treatment is worth waiting? Just your opinions.

Last edited:

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
According to the informations on https://www.hairlosstalk.com/pipeline/, Shiseido, Histogen and Follicle are in phase 3 and probably the next available treatments for us. The thing is these treatments are based on 3 different mechanisms, theories, science you name it, but all working for one goal to get our hair back and definitely not all these three treatments are going to give us what we are looking for (this is just my opinion and you know, we have some previous experience in treatments with the marketing tagline "the real cure" but still we are finding ways to fight our hair loss). so what are your opinions about these upcoming treatments? best out of these 3? which one make sense? which treatment is worth waiting? Just your opinions.

@Admin : I think there is a little mistake for Shiseido (This is a phase 2 :) )
@youngl : This is not Follicle but Follica ;)
1. Follica can give you new hairs (neogenesis) 25% terminal hairs and 75% vellus hairs.
2. Histogen can convert vellus to terminal hairs. So you can have 100 hairs/cm2 on your Norwood 0 area after Follica's treatment.
3. Shiseido can immunize your hair from DHT. So these treatments are amazing

Keep in mind, there is a game changer : Tsuji with Kyocera

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Noisette,

I can explain the rationale behind putting Shiseido in phase 3. Since Shiseido is under Japan regulatory approval for regenerative medicine it doesn't follow the typical preclinical - phase 1 - phase 2 - phase 3 - release, that we are used too.

Japan regulatory approval makes a release after ONE clinical trial possible to the public with temporary conditional approval;

img_6a6d2c2f88a38ea25fbc42e672d4e703188672.jpg

This is why we decided to put it under phase 3. Because if Shiseido will succeed with this clinical trial and go forward(that is, they are happy with the results), it will be released so that patients can have access to it.

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
Immunize your hair? So, is it a permanent solution (and not a life sentence, like finasteride)?
Replicel's goal (Shiseido too ) is to use injections with cultured dermal sheath cup cells in order to immunize hair follicles from DHT sensitivity. So I think it would be a permanent solution :)

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cell therapy is the only definitive cure.

While the growth factors and wound neogenesis are amazing, and in combination with Shiseido could be a functional cure for many, they are only the second best options of the upcoming treatments.

youngl

Reaction score
@Admin : I think there is a little mistake for Shiseido (This is a phase 2 :) )
@youngl : This is not Follicle but Follica ;)
1. Follica can give you new hairs (neogenesis) 25% terminal hairs and 75% vellus hairs.
2. Histogen can convert vellus to terminal hairs. So you can have 100 hairs/cm2 on your Norwood 0 area after Follica's treatment.
3. Shiseido can immunize your hair from DHT. So these treatments are amazing

Keep in mind, there is a game changer : Tsuji with Kyocera

Sounds like need all 3 in order to complete the puzzle. and yes I also have the doubt about Shiseido, is that thing is in phase 3?