Celebs and hairloss

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It might just be me but y is it that celebs dont loss their hair?...well atleast till they are like real old.I mean are they using hairloss products?or is Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt really 40 years of age and have a full head of hair

beast

Established Member
Reaction score
they do lose thier hair just like the rest of us, BUT they have millions of dollars to get "perfect hair", so it doesn't appear they have a hair loss problem. they have an image to uphold, and they do!

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
blue said:
or is Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt really 40 years of age and have a full head of hair

Saw Tom Cruise being interviewed on the BBC Film 03 show and I was surprised by how obvious his diffuse thinning was, seeing as he always has such good hair in his films and in any other interviews I've seen him do.

Axon

Reaction score
If you think Tom Cruise is losing hair, you need to rethink your definition of hair loss.

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
Exactly, anyone with a buzz cut like that is going to show a little bit of white, I can't see his hairloss anyway.

scanner2000

Reaction score
Re - celebs and hairloss

It is a myth that celebs all have good hair. Some have big problems but had the money to get in early to deal with it through transplants or systems. Others are not so fortunate and tend to be the ones who rarely get out from under their hats! When was the last time you saw Enrique Iglesias or AJ Mclean without a cap or beanie, and ever wonder why?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Axon said:
If you think Tom Cruise is losing hair, you need to rethink your definition of hair loss.

I'd always thought that Tom Cruise had great hair but in this particular interview it was obvious that he had diffuse thinning, nothing terrible but noticeable nonetheless.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Jack_the_Lad said:
Exactly, anyone with a buzz cut like that is going to show a little bit of white, I can't see his hairloss anyway.

In the interview I referred to he didn't have a buzz cut, his hair was a couple of inches long and brushed so it stood straight up.

Axon

Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
Axon said:

I'd always thought that Tom Cruise had great hair but in this particular interview it was obvious that he had diffuse thinning, nothing terrible but noticeable nonetheless.

Virtually anyone with that kind of straight, medium density hair will show scalp all over, including the sides. Look at a chinese guy with a short, spiked haircut for evidence of this. You are mistaking diffuse loss for natural apperance of the hair.

Further, you can go back to any interview in previous years where his hair is cut short and see the same thing.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, believe what you want.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Axon said:

Ignoring the fact that I'm pretty happy with my hair at the moment could you tell me why it would make me feel better if Tom Cruise was thinning?I honestly don't care how much hair famous people have, I only posted saying that I was surprised by him having, what I believed to be, diffuse thinning as I'd never seen him with anything other than really good hair.

Axon

Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
Axon said:

Ignoring the fact that I'm pretty happy with my hair at the moment could you tell me why it would make me feel better if Tom Cruise was thinning?I honestly don't care how much hair famous people have, I only posted saying that I was surprised by him having, what I believed to be, diffuse thinning as I'd never seen him with anything other than really good hair.

Hair loss Psychology 101: Generally, the adamant "<celebrity> is losing!" people are only so adamant because it makes them feel better about their own hair loss.

However, I feel your above statement clarifies that issue.

G

Not sure why hair loss among "celebrities" matters to anyone??

Except of course, with Matt Lauer, as he is so funny looking now! :hairy:

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah how cares, celebs do f*** all except grin and smile all day.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
BruceLee said:
Not sure why hair loss among "celebrities" matters to anyone??

Except of course, with Matt Lauer, as he is so funny looking now! :hairy:

:huh: I don't even know who Matt Lauer is.

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, professional hair and makeup do WONDERS for these stars. As an example...has anyone seen Robin Williams on an off day and then seen him on the Tonight show? PRETTY BIG DIFFERENCE

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Slartibartfast said:
Axon said:

Dude...exactly what I noticed. He has the start of diffuse thinning....not bad but the start. See I know this since I have the same type of hair/density he has. Mine looked like this 10 years ago. Even though it is short, alot of white coming through. 5-10 more years and he may be considered a diffuse thinner.
20040125GGA240.jpg

samurai-dop4a.jpg

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but Tom has the hairline of a 15 yr old gay boy. He simply has dark, thick hair but without a lot of density. And then his pasty white scalp creates a sharp contrast. The dude basically can sport any hairstyle his whims point him to. But dang look at that Penelope! I'd like to toss her around rough! Too bad Tom doesn't seem to enjoy her!?!

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but Tom has the hairline of a 15 yr old gay boy. He simply has dark, thick hair but without a lot of density. And then his pasty white scalp creates a sharp contrast. The dude basically can sport any hairstyle his whims point him to. But dang look at that Penelope! I'd like to toss her around rough! Too bad Tom doesn't seem to enjoy her!?!

G

I noticed tom is thinning also. He didn't lose any hair and still has a perfect hairline but his hair is a lot thinner now. He is still a lucky bastard to have a perfect hairline at 40. And brad pitt has good genetics I saw a picture of his family and they all had thick full heads of awesome hair. Brad pitt has a brother that is around Brads age and he has good hair also no recession.

And tom will be considered a diffuse thinner 10 years from now? Try 1-2 years. If he doesn't do anything about it we might see him start receding in a year or 2. Once hairloss starts it goes fast for most guys. I was thinning like Tom for like a year then I started to have some recession. Luckly my regimen has been working great for me and my hair thickened up. My hair is thicker now then its ever been in my life. Im lucky.

If tom started taking just propecia and nizoral he could probley get his original density back and hold off balding for another couple years.