Celebrity From Los Angeles - Need Help For First System

Steve Brule

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys, for obvious reasons I’d like to stay anonymous. I’m a 25 year old in the entertainment industry here in Los Angeles. After months of deliberating what to do with my thinning hair/upholding my image. I’ve decided that a system might be my best bet.

I don’t mind seeking professional help here in LA if anyone has some solid recommendations, but I’d really just like a break down of what the best system to fit an active lifestyle would be. (Working out, social events, playing shows, (I’m also a musician), & on camera gigs.

A few questions aside from actually securing a high quality hair piece that’s right for me, but how does dying/bleaching/coloring the piece work? Can I still blow dry + use product as I normally would? Any & every bit of information is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Noah

Reaction score
Who'd have thought we would be mixing with Hollywood types on here !

Getting a hairpiece which complements your look is mainly a matter of choosing a decent supplier, using good aesthetic judgement on the design, and getting a good haircut (cut-in). If you are physically active, or if you sweat under studio lights, I would strongly recommend a lace base. I'm told that high definition camera combined with high intensity lighting can sometimes show up the base of a hairpiece, so it's maybe best to opt for a style where your hairline is covered, or at least shaded. I will PM you some suggestions on suppliers.

You shouldn't have to dye or bleach the piece. These systems should be regarded as disposable. You will get around 5 - 6 months of wear from each one, and if you use sunscreen always and colour-correcting shampoo occasionally the original colour should last that long. Dyeing processed hair is a job for experts, and is best avoided.

You can use products as you would on your natural hair, but you should aim to keep any products containing alcohol off the adhesive, since it can cause the bond to fail. You can use a blow dryer, but best to keep the heat down.