CCS, Bryan or Whomever: Do you have the Type I DHT DutGraph?

doggfather

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about the one that shows the level of inhibition of the type I 5-alpha reductase depending upon certain dosages and intake frequencies of dutasteride. I've been researching and I saw CCS post that dutasteride 0.5mg 3x/week will inhibit 18% of type I DHT which I can possibly live with. And then I also see some posts saying that 0.5mg dutasteride 1x/week insignificantly inhibits type I DHT. Would like to see that graph if anyone has it.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

doggfather

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the graph Bryan. Question though, from the graph how has it been determined that taking 0.5mg of dutasteride either 2x/week or 3x/week would only inhibit 18% of type I 5-alpha reductase, and how 0.5mg of dutasteride 1x/week would inhibit a negligible amount of type I 5-alpha reductase? I fail to see how you can determine that from those graphs.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
doggfather said:
Thanks for the graph Bryan. Question though, from the graph how has it been determined that taking 0.5mg of dutasteride either 2x/week or 3x/week would only inhibit 18% of type I 5-alpha reductase,

I believe it was collegechemistrystudent who made that estimate. Obviously he tried to interpolate beween the 0.1 mg/day dose curve and the 1 mg/day dose curve, and came up with that estimate. He probably isn't too far off the mark.

doggfather said:
and how 0.5mg of dutasteride 1x/week would inhibit a negligible amount of type I 5-alpha reductase? I fail to see how you can determine that from those graphs.

Well, 0.5 mg/week is only the equivalent of 0.07 mg/day, which is even less than the minimum dose they actually have in that graph (0.1 mg/day). So it would have even less of an effect than what you see for that uppermost curve in the graph.

Bryan