Ccould I Be Shedding Hair From Taking Taurine???

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My regime:
#Oral minoxidil 1.25mg daily 21st december

#laser helmet end November 3x week

#Trinov 15th january 2019 daily

#dr regenepure 15th january 2019 daily.

#Taurine 2g, 2/12 weeks ago

I started shedding miniaturized hair 3-4 weeks into minoxidil for around a week. After this I've noticed maybe 1 or 2 hairs per week fall whilst having a shower up until yesterday.

I started taurine 2-3g daily 2 1/2 weeks ago. yesterday im shedding like i was on minoxidil.
Could this be the minoxidil or taurine? Any one on here that has been on taurine???

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
My regime:
#Oral minoxidil 1.25mg daily 21st december

#laser helmet end November 3x week

#Trinov 15th january 2019 daily

#dr regenepure 15th january 2019 daily.

#Taurine 2g, 2/12 weeks ago

I started shedding miniaturized hair 3-4 weeks into minoxidil for around a week. After this I've noticed maybe 1 or 2 hairs per week fall whilst having a shower up until yesterday.

I started taurine 2-3g daily 2 1/2 weeks ago. yesterday im shedding like i was on minoxidil.
Could this be the minoxidil or taurine? Any one on here that has been on taurine???
Sometimes minoxidil causes cyclical shedding.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think that's whats happening to me, started oral minoxidil in October and recently i have been shedding like my first shed on oral minoxidil. Sucks.
It’s a continuous cycle. It’s been happening to me since 2015.

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, i understand that we have continuous cycles from minoxidil. But, i know minoxidil interacts with certain supplements and other drugs. Asprin and other blood pressure drugs decreases minoxidil efficiency. I'm trying to determine if taurine effects the efficiency of minoxidil or compliments it.
Taurine is a mild duretic, anti fibrotic and good for the heart. It definitely helps with oral minoxidil sides. Im Just hoping it dont decrease minoxidil efficency.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, i understand that we have continuous cycles from minoxidil. But, i know minoxidil interacts with certain supplements and other drugs. Asprin and other blood pressure drugs decreases minoxidil efficiency. I'm trying to determine if taurine effects the efficiency of minoxidil or compliments it.
Taurine is a mild duretic, anti fibrotic and good for the heart. It definitely helps with oral minoxidil sides. Im Just hoping it dont decrease minoxidil efficency.
I take both. Plenty of people do. I sincerely doubt it decreases minoxidil’s efficiency.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s a continuous cycle. It’s been happening to me since 2015.

Georgie have you ever stopped oral minoxidil for a decent period of time? If so what were your results?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you could be. Taurine definitely made me shed more when taken orally.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sorry, fear I’m in the same boat, awful. Wish I never messed with Minoxidil, that was the first and worst advice from all of the dermatologists. Set me back 10 years.

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sulphur from taurine help detox someheavy metal and it reduce inflammation pretty well on the scalp!

Hope this help