Ccollege Degree...bald.....worthless?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
are you currycel

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have good references and overall knowledge? Sure, the halo effect is real and a Norwood 1 may be more "aesthetically" pleasing but if he comes off as a complete dumb *** the place will 100% pick you.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you get a business degree and interview when you are 22..
.at norwood 4.....

What shot do you have against nw1???

Maybe I should drop out and become a truck driver hat slave

Don't wanna be on denile

I don't really understand, I just understand the frustration. But is it really that relative to your success? "Halo effect" is statistically relevant to a 4% wage difference, good looking people in the same jobs tend to be 96% less worse off than average and ugly people.

The effect exists and is real, no doubt, but it mainly applies to people assuming that good looking people must have a happier and better life. It does not necessarily mean that good looking people do.

At 22 I don't know if you're expecting to be a CEO or some sh*t. Have you even done interviews yet or you're just anticipating all of this?

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Man use your intelligence to do some job and then start your own business.

Get a job,collect some money,try to entreprenuer and give your all efforts,employ the most handsome men and beautiful women or more sharp men and women and create history.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, is currycel famous here?

Is a college degree worthless to a nw4??
What are you talking about?
If the job is not a receptionist or a hostess, baldness will not hinder you.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are you talking about?
If the job is not a receptionist or a hostess, baldness will not hinder you.

I've talked to HR people and those working for job agencies before and they haven't specifically mentioned balding as a hindrance but they have mentioned looks, and we all know what effect hairloss has on looks. I have on the other hand had a marketing professor specifically mention that prestigious finance or service related such as in law may avoid people with baldness because they want to portray a company image of flawlessness.

If you had two potential employees, one a NW4 who was 10% better and the other a NW1 who wasn't quite as good, basic human psychology will likely convince them that the NW1 is smarter and better and there are plenty of studies to back this up. The other issue is that they don't have to worry about a NW1 having a breakdown, mental issues from their hairloss or a female employee accusing them of sexual harassment just for looking at them and it causing a stir.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
My city had a District collector for two years who had receeding hairline plus he was short,about 5 feet 4.
My dad used to say learn something from him because i have fallen because of hairloss.

He had 361 official bank accounts in his power..
he would probably earn upto 100 crore rupees minimum in 10 years.That is approx 15 million US dollars in 10 years.

Not all hiring people are superficial.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

Cope

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4449015&page=1

"There are 41 male state governors. Those who are bald or balding make up less than 20% and, yes, that includes the aptly named John Baldacci of Maine. The hair-loss club dropped a governor Wednesday when New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer announced he would resign after being linked as a client to a prostitution ring. He will be replaced by Lt. Gov. David Paterson, who is not bald. Only 10% to 20% of the 84 male U.S. senators are bald or balding."

"Among corporate CEOs, women run four of the largest 125 companies on the Fortune 500. USA TODAY examined photos of the men and considered about 25% to be bald or balding. Bald men running the nation's largest companies include Chevron's David O'Reilly, Home Depot's Francis Blake, Morgan Stanley's John Mack and Goldman Sachs' Lloyd Blankfein."

"Bald men are a much bigger slice of the general population. The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery estimates that 50% of Caucasian men older than 45 and 60% older than 60 have clinical balding."

"It's not that being short is a career launching pad. Plenty of studies have found that taller men make more money, gain more success and attract more women. In his book Blink, Malcolm Gladwell says 30% of Fortune 500 CEOs are 6-foot-2 and taller — vs. just 4% of all men."

Also Bezos has most of his hair at 30, and no hairloss at 25, so cope of the highest order.

+

"Good looking people earn on average $230,000 more than their more homely coworkers over the course of their careers. This according to research done by Dr. Daniel Hamermesh, author of Beauty Pays: Why Attractive People Are More Successful, and University of Texas economics professor. "

And we all know what balding does for looks

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have good references and overall knowledge? Sure, the halo effect is real and a Norwood 1 may be more "aesthetically" pleasing but if he comes off as a complete dumb *** the place will 100% pick you.

Most finance jobs I'm looking at have over 1000 applications, 50 are interviewed and 10 get the job. Small things like appearance matter, they have enough competition among those who want to be employed in that they can get someone who is intelligent, qualified AND has hair, so they will.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
My city had a District collector for two years who had receeding hairline plus he was short,about 5 feet 4.
My dad used to say learn something from him because i have fallen because of hairloss.

He had 361 official bank accounts in his power..
he would probably earn upto 100 crore rupees minimum in 10 years.That is approx 15 million US dollars in 10 years.

Not all hiring people are superficial.

Did he have get hired as the District collector before or after his hairline became bad? Chances are when he broke into that industry and line of work he had ZERO hairloss if he got to that position with only a receding hairline.

Has all that curry gone to your head?

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Did he have get hired as the District collector before or after his hairline became bad? Chances are when he broke into that industry and line of work he had ZERO hairloss if he got to that position with only a receding hairline.

Has all that curry gone to your head?

I am vegetarian,so you just cannot irritate me by that curry comments.

This curry comments is similar to bleulers 4A's ..take care.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
GG currycels

plz send bob and vegena pics will enjoy 1 foot pinnus

This currycel pile on bears resemblance to when fullheads sh*t on baldites.

We are all the same, shitting on some group to try to increase our own perceived value.